Esker Meadow Estate - Lucan

newyork

Anybody got any views on the Esker Meadow Estate in Lucan good/bad or indifferent. Considering buying a 3 bed semi here, would love to hear some peoples experience.

Cheers

Esker is general is considered one of the best and most mature estates in Lucan, traffic can be a nightmare but that applies to all of Lucan.

A new development went up a few months ago,Esker Manor - we just missed out on buying a property there and it was a once off development.

I think any of the estates in st Marys parish are considered "good".

By the way the traffic aint that bad, the N4 is crap in the mornings but thats only partially due to the traffic from Lucan, theres a lot of people commuting from further out..celbridge, maynooth etc.

People keep saying the traffic in Lucan is a disaster, but I find its just the N4 up as far as the M50 round about that is the worst, otherwise its fine. And the N4 isnt just for Lucan traffic!

Abbeydale, Lucan- any views

We are thinking of buying in Abbeydale- any views?

Hi NewYork,

I used to live in Esker Meadow (just sold my house there in 2005). As an estate, it's great!

The houses are very well laid out - in particular the 3 bed ones. My house was open plan throughout the downstairs which made the living area very spacious. Although a lot of the houses have a wall between the kitchen and dining room which makes the kitchen quite narrow and might prevent you from putting in a kitchen table if desired. It just meant that I used the dining room all the time....rather than for just the formal occasion. The sunroom is standard in all houses and was probably my favourite room in the house, particularly since it got the sun all day. Some neighbours had roofed this portion so that they could use it all year round...it could be quite draughty and cold in the winter.

Upstairs, both the master and second b'drooms were roomy and the boxroom was bigger than a lot I've seen - I used it for an office but it could easily fit a bed etc.

Location wise it is great....the 25A, X and N stop right at the back of the estate with pedestrian access to these stops...very handy for the 3am return after a night out!

It is in St. Mary's parish so has access to all the good schools and it is within walking distance of Eurospar, Superquinn and Lucan village (20 mins over the flyover)...of course driving is even quicker but I abandon the car whenever I can.

They have a v. good residents association which hold regular events such as a table quiz, summer party, estate clean up and santy over the year. Subscription was about 25 euro. I had great neighbours too. No abso problems at all....the cul-de-sac entrance helps.

Yes, there is traffic - but that is all over Lucan and the N4 as the posters above have mentioned. Will it get better...perhaps...but that's a good couple of years away yet. Maybe with the intro of Luas.

In summary, I loved Esker Meadow and it was a great estate to live in. Why did I leave after such a glowing description? Well, I'm a country girl at heart and have managed to get out of Dublin before it sucked all the life out of me. 15 years was enough! Back to country living and no rat race! But, I did find leaving Esker hard - would defo. recommend buying there!

Good luck,

C71

Back