ESB letter to 'the occupier'

elcato

ESB sent a letter out to my rented out apartment addressed to 'the occupier'. I have the same tenant there for over a year and as yet has been fully paid up on time. Just wondering is this an ominous sign that they are moving out or is there other reasons the ESB would send a letter out just to the occupier ? The ESB bill was changed to the tenant's name as I would have got a closing statement prior to that so I'm sure they would have the name of the tenant.

I have seen that done when the letter is related to an outage / maintenance.

Basically any information that if for the person living there , who may not be the person paying the bill.

ESB sent a letter out to my rented out apartment addressed to 'the occupier'. I have the same tenant there for over a year and as yet has been fully paid up on time. Just wondering is this an ominous sign that they are moving out or is there other reasons the ESB would send a letter out just to the occupier ? The ESB bill was changed to the tenant's name as I would have got a closing statement prior to that so I'm sure they would have the name of the tenant.

What did the letter say?

Normally, a letter is sent to "the occupier" when a customer moves out and closes an account. The supply is left on and ESB sends such a letter asking "the occupier" to register with an electricity supplier in order to ensure the electricity is not disconnected.

I'd check if that is what the letter says. If so, get on to the ESB at 1850372372 and the matter will be investigated. The ESB could have screwed up and closed the wrong account.

Regards,

Fnergg

As suspected I opened the letter and the tenant had moved out. They fixed up the bill so no worries regarding money owed.

Back