Error 29 on sky box - no satellite signal received

Lorz

I have 2 sky boxes - 1 sky+ in living room and 1 std sky box in attic which serves our bedroom and kitchen with a magic eye in our bedroom to change channels. I must have moved the box in the attic and now I am getting error 29 from the sky box which states "no satellite signal is being received". But my sky+ box is still working in the living room so it's not the dish. I have trimmed the wires, took them out and re-entered, reset the box (unplug for 5mins) upgraded the software ( hold back up key/flashing lights) but to no avail. I was just after deciding to dump sky and use sky boxes to view FTA via UK EPG but them this happened. I'm loath to pay €100 for someone to call out or else I could ring sky with my tail between my legs and try to get a new box and free installation but I'd be tied into a 12month contract again! Any ideas on how to fix error 29. The red light is off on my magic eye but I don't imagine this is causing my problem?!?

Could be many things.

Faulty box, cable fault or a faulty LNB.

If you don't want to pay, sky will lock you in for another year if you get them to sort it.

Error29

Given that my sky+ box is working in the living room I don't think it's the LNB or the dish. TBH the box seems to be fine too - ie the software update seemed to run as it should. I think it's the cables but I've cut and refitted them about 4 times now! I have a spare sky+ box - can I plug that in to see if its the box or my cables that are the problem or do you need a second cable for sky+

Take the problem box and connect that to the cable going to the one that is working. If it works there, then you know the problem is with the cable going to the problem box. If it doesn't you know the problem is the box itself.
Leo

Back