Entitlement of house in arrears

L

Ladyluck

Hi All,

Some advice needed if possible.

Ill give the background story so as to see what im facing here!!

Years ago my boyfriend wasnt getting on with his family too well and ending up having to leave his family home. At the time his uncle was trying to get a mortgage with this then girlfriend but had a bad credit rating. Knowing that my boyfriend was then going from friends houses every few weeks with no stable place to stay asked him would he help with them getting a mortgage.

Feeling like he had no other option my boyrfriend went ahead with this as he was promised by both his uncle and the uncles girlfriend that if he ever needed to stay at this new property that he was always welcome going so far as to bring him to the house and show his the room he could stay in.

Needless to say when he did need to stay at the house he was refused and since the uncle has split up with the girlfiend.

As my boyfriend has his name on the mortgage he is technically liable for the arrears which the girl has continously let the mortgage get into.

So as a result he is left with a bad credit rating making it near impossible for us to get our own property. He had tried on numourous occassions to get his name off the deeds and cleared of any involvement with this property but she will not comply with any of this and now he is taking her to court.

What i want to know is, is he entitled to anything from the house if he name is on the deeds even though he has never lived there or has made no payments towards the mortgage. Also can a judge repossess her house for her arrears??

Re: Property Advice

[FONT=&quot]Please the title of your post in line with the Posting Guidelines.

Please read the before posting again on Askaboutmoney.

Any responses to posts with meaningless titles will be removed.

If the title is not edited within a reasonable time, the post will be closed.

Brendan
Administrator [/FONT]

Back