Engineer to 'mark OS Sheets for first registration purposes'

larry123

Hello,

I'm in the process of selling an apartment and my solicitor has said that I need an engineer to 'mark OS Sheets for first registration purposes'.
Can anyone tell me what this means, where the best place to find such an engineer is and how much it should cost (roughly)?
Is it a standard cost or should I shop around for a good deal?
Apologies for the basic questions but this is all very new to me...

Thanks in advance...
L

This is a very helpful link as to what first registration means.

https://byrnewallace.com/news-and-r...ion-of-title-nationwide-from-1-june-2011.html

If you google Land Registry compliant maps, you'll come up with a selection of names. It's worth emailing them and asking for a price- be very clear with them that it's an apartment and whether there is a car space with the property. Most of them can work off the current Lease maps, without the necessity of a site visit, and you can get copies of those maps from your solicitor.

Your solicitor should be able to give you the name of whoever they use - I know some of my clients would prefer to spend hours trying to get the cheapest price possible and that's fine.

From personal experience, the fee in Dublin can be from about €350.00 to €400.00 plus VAT @ 23%

mf

Compulsory first registration for an apartment requires an ordnance survey map with the apartment block delineated in blue and floor plans for each floor delineated in red with coordinates at two locations on each floor and ceiling and floor levels.
Our costs are €360 (incl VAT) for an apartment, includes 4 copies with land registry compliant maps and floor plans in A3.
Shane

Back