Enfield, another Rochfortbridge?

O

ONU

I was driving through Enfield over the weekend and I realised that, on the left hand side, there is a new housing development called Newcastle Woods which is very, very close to the main road and is very intrusive.

Is this another Rochfortbridge case where, due to the hundreds of the new houses built in recent years you can hardly see the old village?.

Very sad when you consider that with the proximity of Enfield to Dublin and the fact that there is a new bypass recently finsihed it could be a lovely place to live in...

ONU said:
I was driving through Enfield over the weekend and I realised that, on the left hand side, there is a new housing development called Newcastle Woods which is very, very close to the main road and is very intrusive.

Is this another Rochfortbridge case where, due to the hundreds of the new houses built in recent years you can hardly see the old village?.

Very sad when you consider that with the proximity of Enfield to Dublin and the fact that there is a new bypass recently finsihed it could be a lovely place to live in...

If I am thinking of the right town (Rochfortbridge) it looks very well to me nice little town dont know what the old village looked like. I think Enfield is a long way out to drive in if you're working in Dublin, does it have a train line?

Well what I mean is that there is no restriction to build anywhere in the village. In Tyrrellspass (not very far) there is a new (ish) housing development and you don't notice. All you see is a lovely castle, a nice square and the hotel nearby.

Enfield very far?. Some of my friends are commuting from places like Virginia or Longford. Unfortunately you cannot afford to buy in Dublin anymore...

ONU said:
Enfield very far?. Some of my friends are commuting from places like Virginia or Longford. Unfortunately you cannot afford to buy in Dublin anymore...

I know what you're saying I am not criticising people for buying that far out I just think your qulaity of life is affected, why not by in North Wales and get the ferry over every day? I am only half joking the houses are for nothing over there and the scenery! (well Ireland has nothing that I've seen to compare)

The new houses in Rochfortbridge were built on farmland coming into the town from Dublin. They have no affect on the village at all.

Kerrie 76 - Sorry I didn't mean that, my point is: why do they have to be built so "in your face" when you are driving through?. I think some planners should not allow to build in certain areas, farmland or not. They destroy the village feel that other places like Tyrrellspass or Enniskerry have.

colc1 - Anglesey is very nice indeed and of course I am joking too, it is very healthy!. I don't think the locals can't afford most of the properties either, from my experience there most of the people buying houses over there is english (buying a holiday home)

Wales is all fine and well ... That is until you consider you have Sellafield as one of your close neighbours who have pumped hundreds of thousands of toxic waste into the Irish sea over the years.

Enfield has excellent links to the capital with daily train and bus services, not to mention the N4 motorway which runs past the back of the village. Another option might be Longwood, which is 5 miles beyond Enfield. Some nice houses have been built here over the last few years and they have not encroached too much on the village itself.

PM me for further details of development opportunities in this area.

Back