energy credits 3 x €150 between now and April

Brendan Burgess

Founder
€300 lump sum to fuel allowance

€200 for living alone

Xmas bonus to be paid to Welfare

All social welfare recipients to get a double payment in January

€400 before Xmas who get disability, carers support , and other carers.

Can I get this on my gas bill instead?

Elec is already 950 in credit.

Pimnergy took 600 on initial level pay then 350 in credit from solar. wife is now on the account for tax,

Separate companies so no easy transfer.

If you come off level pay your credit will instead pay down the electric bills as they come.

It's not possible to transfer it to the gas account as the energy credits are not permitted to be paid out as cash, unless you close your account.

Last edited:
If you come off level pay your credit will instead pay down the electric bills as they come.

It's not possible to transfer it to the gas account as the energy credits are not permitted to be paid out as cash, unless you close your account.
They could be paid out without closing account. I got them paid to my bank.

When is the first energy credit due for payment?
i’d expect them to be paid around the same dates as last year, i was credited in time for issuing of November 7th bill, January 7th & March 7th, but depends on your billing period dates, and if you are monthly, or, bi monthly billed.

i’d expect them to be paid around the same dates as last year, i was credited in time for issuing of November 7th bill, January 7th & March 7th, but depends on your billing period dates, and if you are monthly, or, bi monthly billed.
Any update on when this will be paid?

If you switch provider while your account is in credit, does that credit get passed on to the new provider?

If you switch provider while your account is in credit, does that credit get passed on to the new provider?

When I did this last year Electric Ireland initially refunded me the energy credit after calling them to ask for a refund. Then they tried to bill again and take the energy credit back by direct debit (I blocked the direct debit). I had to call the regulator and ESB Networks to establish which provider I was with on the day the credit was applied as it can take up to two weeks for the switch to go through fully and my new provider SSE did not apply the energy credit. I switched on the 22Feb by the credit was applied about a week later to my old Elecrtic Ireland account. Despite being with SSE on the 28Feb ESB networks informed me that Electric Ireland were my provider on the 28Feb when the credit was applied. After receiving a number of threating letters from Electric Ireland they eventually checked themselves with ESB networks and dropped their claim against me. Was a lot of hassle really so I would recommend not switching during the 2 week period before and after the energy credit is applied.

Energia sent me a cheque for the credit and I have read on AAM in the past where El Irl sent a cheque for outstanding credit to customers who have moved. Your credit does not move with you to the new company.

Old provider will refund any credit on the account usually by cheque. In the past people have had to request this as it doesn't appear to happen automatically or if it does not in a timely fashion.

Back