Energy Consultants / Architect

DazzaMazza

Hi,
I've put a few posts on here regarding some room insulation and to be honest the feedback from the community has been great. People taking the time to help others on here is superb. However I have now reached the point where I feel that in order to proceed with one or two planned changes to my home, I really need to supplement the advice I have received on here with the advice of a professional who can look at the rooms in question.

In my specific case, my sunroom and converted garage both need to up insulation (I think) and I need someone to come in, examine both rooms and make recommendations specific to the rooms. Just wondering if anyone has done anything like this and if so what type of professional I would need. The budget is fairly low for the consultation but I hope an expert could come to a decision within a few minutes of examining each room.

In terms of BER style people, no offence to anyone working in the BER area but like many others I see it as an area now populated by too many ex estate agents and not enough qualified experts.

Anyway, any suggestions as to the type of person or company I should be engaging would be great and info on typical costs would be very very welcome.

Thanks as always

Dazza

You should engage an Architectural Technician who is also a BER assessor....

many other professions can be specilist in their particular areas ie mechanical engineers, structural enginers QS etc... even architects who are mainly "design" educated these days.

an AT is the professional who is educated in all aspects of building science and its he/she who ties all the others design members together on a project.

Back