Enda V Bertie

When will people ever give over about B Aherns finances, I believe Money don't matter to this man, he lives in a street house,drinks in his local, lives an ordinary life as much as he can, follows the footie, He could be a multi millionaire if he wanted to be one, who is or has ever been in a better position to make some real money,its unknown how much money he could have acquired with what he knew about development, houses, land, economy trends, there are thousands of millionaires in this country that has coined in on developments and infrastructure that he knew was going to happen well before these wealthy prospectors, he could have led the field in personal gain, its like I said he has no interest in getting rich, as regards his house etc nearly every leader in the world gets a free house and he could appoint a house in the P.Park for taoiseach if he wanted. Remember he was an accountant, minister for finance, labour, state, industry and commerce and several more. I know if I had half as much knowledge as he had I never be in a car or traffic jam again, chopper all the way.

When will people ever give over about B Aherns finances, I believe Money don't matter to this man, he lives in a street house,drinks in his local, lives an ordinary life as much as he can, follows the footie, He could be a multi millionaire if he wanted to be one, who is or has ever been in a better position to make some real money,its unknown how much money he could have acquired with what he knew about development, houses, land, economy trends, there are thousands of millionaires in this country that has coined in on developments and infrastructure that he knew was going to happen well before these wealthy prospectors, he could have led the field in personal gain, its like I said he has no interest in getting rich, as regards his house etc nearly every leader in the world gets a free house and he could appoint a house in the P.Park for taoiseach if he wanted. Remember he was an accountant, minister for finance, labour, state, industry and commerce and several more. I know if I had half as much knowledge as he had I never be in a car or traffic jam again, chopper all the way.

I am lost for words :rolleyes:

Jaysus, thing are getting desperate for FF ...

What's a "street house", Bertie?

He could be a multi millionaire if he wanted to be one, who is or has ever been in a better position to make some real money,its unknown how much money he could have acquired with what he knew about development, houses, land, economy trends, there are thousands of millionaires in this country that has coined in on developments and infrastructure that he knew was going to happen well before these wealthy prospectors, he could have led the field in personal gain

Why would he bother with all this when all he had to do is give himself an 88% payrise over his 10 years in office?

I believe Money don't matter to this man

He's gone from €133,000 to €252,000 (at least) in those 10 years (Most expensive leader in Europe not counting the UK or Germany). Sure it doesn't matter. :rolleyes:

I thought the very end was very funny... the bit where Enda did his summing up 'as Gaeilge' - he spoke well and fluently and you could almost hear the gears grinding in Bertie's head since he hadn't thought to do similar. Anyways just as Miriam was thanking them you could hear a weak 'go raibh maith agat' off camera from Bertie!

Another score for the blueshirts, (don't think it'll be enough to get them in though)...

the bit where Enda did his summing up 'as Gaeilge' - he spoke well and fluently and you could almost hear the gears grinding in Bertie's head since he hadn't thought to do similar. Anyways just as Miriam was thanking them you could hear a weak 'go raibh maith agat' off camera from Bertie!

:D :D

I noticed that too and could imagine Bertie thinking "why the hell didnt i sum up "as gaeilge"", so his little Go Raibh Maith Agat seemed a little pathetic. Funny, but Pathetic. Gave me a giggle anyway.

I thought the very end was very funny... the bit where Enda did his summing up 'as Gaeilge' - he spoke well and fluently and you could almost hear the gears grinding in Bertie's head since he hadn't thought to do similar. Anyways just as Miriam was thanking them you could hear a weak 'go raibh maith agat' off camera from Bertie!

Another score for the blueshirts, (don't think it'll be enough to get them in though)...
Wonder how many viewers understood what he was saying. I didn't anyway.

he lives in a street house
Valued at approx €1.5M

He could be a multi millionaire... who is or has ever been in a better position to make some real money,its unknown how much money he could have acquired with what he knew about development, houses, land, economy trends, there are thousands of millionaires in this country that has coined in on developments and infrastructure that he knew was going to happen well before these wealthy prospectors, he could have led the field in personal gain
Some very interesting points there, presumably that's exactly what the tribunal will be looking for;)

Quote:
presumably that's exactly what the tribunal will be looking for;)

"Oh this is the tribunal that is to cost us taxpayers €300 million here to see if a few blokes got a few grand in an envelope".

Anyway the debate, I can't see which won, a good bit of bickering but at least they had a bit of respect for each other there was no real name calling. It was all Taoiseach and Deputy.

:D

...nice one!

The bristling indignance of Harris was embarrassing. Maybe the late late isn't an accurate barometer but Dunphy's criticisms got a fair few 'whoops' from the audience didn't they?

...and what about "I'm from Drumcondra too but it doesn't mean I should run the country" World would be a duller place without him

Last edited:
That was just so funny, and a little bit pathetic....

Problem for Enda could be that since most Irish people can't speak Irish he might as well have performed his closing speech in Latin.

Bertie may well have come across as a man of the people again since his Irish level is more comparable to theirs. It didn't help Enda that the speech came across in a "look I can speak rehearsed Irish" way rather than being naturalistic or native.

It's not so much the "few grand in an envelope" that's the problem as the planning corruption it entailed and the resultant misery it has caused.

Bertie said on Pat Kenny's radio programme this morning that Friday voting didnt work the last time because alot of people leave Dublin on Thursday night or early Friday for their long weekend. Are people that well off in Dublin and if so Does Bertie represent them he being a working class person. He did agree that we should consider Sunday voting. Why didn't he agree to Sunday voting this time?
When asked re: class sizes he said any school that have classes of 30 or more - it is the way the school organise their teachers. Is that true?

Back