Encashing Quinn Life Freeway Funds?

messyleo

Hi guys
Can't seem to find this info in the Quinn literature. If you want to encash some of your freeway funds (e.g. let's say you're invested in 100 units Celtic, 100 units Euro and 100 units UK) do you have to say, encash 20% across all of the funds (i.e. encash 20 units off all your funds), or can you encash the 100 units in just the UK fund? Is it just a matter of sending written confirmation, and if so how long does it typically take to process from people's experiences?

Thanks a lot

Hi guys
Can't seem to find this info in the Quinn literature. If you want to encash some of your freeway funds (e.g. let's say you're invested in 100 units Celtic, 100 units Euro and 100 units UK) do you have to say, encash 20% across all of the funds (i.e. encash 20 units off all your funds), or can you encash the 100 units in just the UK fund? Is it just a matter of sending written confirmation, and if so how long does it typically take to process from people's experiences?

Thanks a lot
You can ring them and ask!
and I would imagine they would say to send them written confirmation of what you want to do. And then they will send a cheque out to you.

they have been quick with any dealings i have ever had with them.

You can vary your encashment % between funds.

You will have to send back the original policy documents.

They were efficient when I dealt with them recently.

I rang Quinn-Life yesterday at 049 436 8100 and the lady at the end of the phone said I could cash in whatever percentage I wanted whenever I wanted. I was thinking of opening a second policy and popping my SSIA money there as overall the return might be better than leaving it in the 7 day Anglo Irish where it currently rests, especially as I mightn't touch it for a while. It also turns out I don't have to supply identification documentation a second time as QL already have it.

Back