Employment conditions law

Myuser01

I've been doing some security guard work on the weekends to supplement my income.

I work on a muddy, hilly, building site. My boss is insisting that I carry out static patrols in all sorts of weather.

I've already fallen on my back once on the muddy embankment. Thinking of packing it in.

Is this legal? Am I not entitled to shelter when I work?

Also come back to an office and have to sit in my wet clothes for 12 hours. Have not been issued with rain gear.

I would expect a security guard to have to go out in inclement weather. I don’t know about having to supply you with clothes.

Details of health and safety , protective clothing and access to heated facilities are available - google “ statutory instruments S I 231 2017 security “

I've been doing some security guard work on the weekends to supplement my income.

I work on a muddy, hilly, building site. My boss is insisting that I carry out static patrols in all sorts of weather.

I've already fallen on my back once on the muddy embankment. Thinking of packing it in.

Is this legal? Am I not entitled to shelter when I work?

Also come back to an office and have to sit in my wet clothes for 12 hours. Have not been issued with rain gear.
While your employer can insist that you carry out duties which ensure that the site is secure they also have to provide a safe working environment and any PPE you require.

Back