Employer's PRSI contribution

whackin

How does one work out am employers PRSI contribution. For example on €38,000 how much would an employer have to pay as a PRSI contribution?

Re: Employers PRSI contribution

Depends on PRSI class. 10.75% on all income for most Class A employees. See here. Try PayBack for more involved situations.

employers don't pay PRSI contribution on money that employees are paying into pension so makes sense for employer to encourage employee to make bigger pension contribution.

Yep - I used this reason to convince my previous employer to pay into my pension what they were otherwise saving on employer PRSI on my own contributions so as to give me a benefit at no additional cost to them.

ClubMan said:
Yep - I used this reason to convince my previous employer to pay into my pension what they were otherwise saving on employer PRSI on my own contributions so as to give me a benefit at no additional cost to them.

I tried the same and I was given a far shorter and faster answer than you got!!!!

Pity. And we were in a quite cash constrained environment at the time but they were amenable to forego the potential employer PRSI saving and redirect it as a top-up into my pension instead. They were not making any other employer contribution.

they were contributing 6% on my behalf at the time.

P.S. You have any faith in Bohs this year? I'm looking forward to a 2 in a row on Leeside!

Back