Employers liability insurance cover required.

Tormented

Hi,

would any one be able to recommend an insurance company that would provide employers liability insurance cover to a start up employment agency. This agency would be primarly involved in supplying construction trades personnel to Irish construction companies, but would also provide Irish construction workers to main contractors in other EU states on a contract basis. The workers would remain as employees of the employment agency here in Ireland and would be paid by the Irish agency throughout the contract.

I would appreciate any advice on the above.

You're best bet would be to contact a broker on this one. It would depend as to the contracts agreed with the main contractors. Under normal circumstances on an irish Employers liability policy of a main contractor it would extend to cover employees hired in/borrowed for the purposes of a job. What would be more appropriate would be Public Liability and possibly professional indemnity as you providing a professional service essentially for a fee.

...What would be more appropriate would be Public Liability and possibly professional indemnity as you providing a professional service essentially for a fee.
OP will still require Employer's Liability Insurance even if the off-site workers are covered while on contract. That will still leave the office-bound staff to be covered and the contract staff while they are not on contract.

Talk to a broker, its actually simpler than it sounds.

Good morning,

thank you both for your replies and advise. With regard to the contract between my agency and the main contractor (based in a EU state other than Ireland) the contract would primarly be to to supply construction workers, the main contractor is required to have employers liability for all workers for all workers on site including agency workers.

However I would also be required to show that I have employers liability to cover construction workers provided by my agency.

I realise that I will also need public liability with regard to the office premises ect, and employers liability to cover office / admin staff.

I have contacted a few insurance companies and I am waiting for them to get back to me. I will keep you updated, many thanks.

we went with Quinn Direct (I have no connection to them). Were about 1/3 of the price of the others I got quotes from including brokers - Have found them great since.

Was product and public liability I was looking for but might be worth giving them a ring.

Quinn were great for me too. One third of what I was quoted for exact same cover with FBD. I was with FBD the previous year.

Back