Emirate Airlines.

That's an interesting observation. Is a person better off with a short hop to London then a very long flight. Plenty of time to settle and sleep. Having two flights of equal length means being disturbed half way.
I assume that if you fly Dublin to Dubai then Dubai to Hong Kong that the same plane is used and you retain the same seat?
It all depends on the individual - if you can sleep on the plane (I can't) then go via Heathrow or Frankfurt or Amsterdam (saw cheapish flights via Helsinki) - if you can't and you get a bit stir crazy on a plane then the two equal flights via Dubai.
The plane will almost certainly not be the same one, you might be able to book the same seat on both legs but hard to tell.

Might be worth checking if any of the airliners use the new Dreamliner, supposed to be very nice.

No it's not the same plane, and you don't keep the same seat. I've flown every airline and would pick Emirates every time. On the way back the trek through Heathrow does your head in going ba Every time I've booked recently Emirates has been the cheapest (apart from the ones that take forever). I'm on a schedule that requires to get into Perth on a Friday pm (been travel agent for my mother 5 times this year)

Cathay Pacific will offer direct flights to Hong Kong from Dublin next summer. 12 hour flight.

However I just checked and if you book Hong Kong direct from Dublin it is much more expensive than booking from their Barcelona hub.

Rather than book direct from Dublin through to Hong Kong has anyone ever booked from one of their other European bases and just bought separate cheapo Ryanair or Aer Lingus flights from Dublin to that base?

Has anyone ever done this with Emirates?

Back