Emergency Tax

J

Joan

I have an employee who came to the country after the 1st of January and we are still waiting on their tax credits form to come through from the Revenue Dept. In our last payroll we had to pay him using the emergency tax rate and our next payroll is coming soon and we still haven't received his tax credits form. He doesn't want to be paid using Emergency tax again. Is there anything we can do?

is there anything else we can do? Revenue Dept have said its in the post. They have advised us over the phone what his credits are but can we use this?

Not sure. I thought you had to have an official tax deduction card? Perhaps the employee could register and log into the [broken link removed] and check the credits/allowances?

They have advised us over the phone what his credits are but can we use this?
Yes.

I thought you had to have an official tax deduction card
No.

If you are happy that your employee is who you believe him to be and Revenue have advised, even by phone, as to the SRCOP and Tax Credits, then you are OK to process your payroll using those figures.

Thanks Crugers - wasn't sure if employers could only act on receipt of the TDC.

If you are happy that your employee is who you believe him to be and Revenue have advised, even by phone, as to the SRCOP and Tax Credits, then you are OK to process your payroll using those figures.

Would detials of a phone call be accepted in the event of a revenue audit?

I also thought that you had to have the tax credits on paper.

Back