email

C

cerberus

wher do I get the POP etc, info to allow my outlook to see myb other email boxes?
C

I Mean hotmail, gmail, yahoo where I have accounts gained over the years and use for different things.
C

Outlook can't collect Hotmail as far as I know because Hotmail doesn't support POP3 or IMAP4. Outlook Express does allow access to Hotmail through the Microsoft proprietary H.T.T.P mail transport (just using dots there to prevent ezBoard from attempting to convert the name to a link!). When creating a new mail account in Outlook Express there is an option to select Hotmail and enter your normal details (address and password). Other web based mail services may or may not support POP3 or IMAP4 allowing you to use a regular mail client instead of the web front end to collect email. I presume that the instructions for doing this are included on the relevant websites. Basically you'll at least need your email address, password, the POP3 or IMAP4 server hostname and port (if not the default) and then you'll need to create a suitable mail account/profile in your chosen email client using these details.

Outlook does support Hotmail and MSN retrieval via HTTP(2002 version at least).

Back