Email from Fastway Couriers saying that they have been hacked

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I just got an email from Fastway telling me that they have been hacked and that my data has been compromised. They deliver for DHL.

I googled it and it's genuine.

The personal data consists of your name and address and may also contain your telephone number and email address. No other personal data has been compromised. We do not hold any financial or other sensitive personal data relating to you.

I presume that there is nothing for me to do other than to be alert to scammers who might pretend to be delivering stuff?

Brendan

I got the same email.
There are so many scammers out there already not sure can go to any higher alert level cos of this.

Yes, and be especially alert to scammers pretending to be Fastway/DHL/any courier company looking for payments e.g. taxes/duties etc to be paid on unscheduled incoming deliveries etc.

You could also write to Fastway requesting that they immediately delete all personal data relating to you. (Though the horse has bolted by this stage).

Happened on 26 Feb and they knew on 2 march? I thought they had to report these things under 72 hours?

Not surprised with Fastway. They are Amateur Hour when it comes to deliveries, so I'm not surprised the rest of their operations are not up to standard either.

Not surprised with Fastway. They are Amateur Hour when it comes to deliveries, so I'm not surprised the rest of their operations are not up to standard either.
Maybe the hackers will provide a better delivery service

Very tardy notification on their behalf. Especially considering the instant commotion they made last year when they realised there was a parody account on Twitter called @FartWays

Happened on 26 Feb and they knew on 2 march? I thought they had to report these things under 72 hours?
Yes, but to the Data Protection Commission. Notifying the Data subject needs to be timely though.

Yes, but to the Data Protection Commission. Notifying the Data subject needs to be timely though.
I just assumed the data protection commission would immediately do/force them to do some sort of press release, rather than sit on it while people could be getting scammed.

Got an email from Chain Reactions informing me of the FastWay issue...

We are writing to inform you about a data breach at one of Chain Reaction Cycles’ suppliers, Fastway Couriers. etc etc

Back