electric picnic parking

majee

hi, has anyone done the parking at electric picnic as a 'Sunday only' ticket customer? Just wondering are the parking sites very far from the venue and what is it like trying to find it afterwards - is the area lit etc.

majee

I've tended to park in the village when I drove there rather than the official car parks. I think the Sunday only car parks will be as much of a stroll as parking anywhere else, it's not very far.

Generally the lighting is pretty good in the car parks, if you can find something obvious to park beside that would help your search. Enjoy.

I'm going for my first time this year and super excited! Is there only one car park for the weekenders? I dont want to arrive Friday morning and park in the first car park I see and then realise its the farthest from the festival!

Any other hints and tips from any seasoned EP'ers would be great too especially re camp sites etc.

Thanks,
Glen

I only camped once but I think the earlier you get there the shorter the distance to the entrance.

Try and remember you're only going for three nights and not to pack too much as you'll be carrying it to the site. You can pop into Stradbally itself for food supplies over the weekend in the fairly decent Centra/Supervalu, also the food at the festival is really good.

Don't pitch your tent near the toilets as smell and just busyness are not good.

Maybe on your first run from car, bring the tent itself and pitch that, then go back for the rest of the stuff. Also, pick slightly higher ground so that if there is any rain it won't affect you as much.

Is the car parking free for weekend campers or do you need to buy a parking pass or ticket?

Is there just one car park or do you get directed to a particular one depending on the direction you are travelling from?

I'm going for my first time this year and super excited! Is there only one car park for the weekenders? I dont want to arrive Friday morning and park in the first car park I see and then realise its the farthest from the festival!

Any other hints and tips from any seasoned EP'ers would be great too especially re camp sites etc.

Thanks,
Glen

you'll have no choice of carpark. you'll be directed into a field and when that fills up the next field will open..etc

Bring earplugs for sleeping as when you wake in the morning anpoople are chatting in other tents you'll get back to sleep (if required and you will!)

Is the car parking free for weekend campers or do you need to buy a parking pass or ticket?

Is there just one car park or do you get directed to a particular one depending on the direction you are travelling from?

Carpark was free the last few years... but with reduced ticket prices it might change!?

Thanks for all the replies. Keep the tips coming! Particularly like the ear plugs. Actually, eye masks might be a good idea too as the tent will be very bright in the morning..

Back