Electric Ireland data breach

Up Rovers

As I'm an Electric Ireland customer I'm just wondering if any AAM people have received their letters concerning the data breach and what the recommendations are? From what we are hearing on the news the people concerned have already been notified but contacting 8,000 people would be a huge job so hopefully I don't have a notification still en route :(

The write up in the Indo suggests letters went out to all impacted this week, but aren't more specific.

Given this was going on since October 2021 and only coming to light now I wonder is this a case of an individual grabbing payment card details and then using them to shop online rather than exposing them or selling them online.

So in terms of impact to you, worst case may be just replacing a card if you were using one for payment.

You'd think they'd contact via email also rather than just letter. I was a EI customer last year but have since moved, they don't have my current address, so would have no way to know where to post a letter. I've contacted them to try to find out if I'm affected but haven't heard back yet.

Back