Electric Ireland billing

TillyD

I logged on to Electric Ireland the end of December to pay my bill. I paid the outstanding fees and my account showed - €0
But I've now learned that it wasn't €0. I still owed 300e. After 1 hour on the phone with Electric Ireland, I understand how this came about. They applied the Gov Levy in Nov but then took it off again so my bill looked like it was zero but it wasn’t. My bill now show €300 arrears brought forward, arrears I didn't know I had.

How can Electric Ireland do this and have customers thinking they have cleared their bill when they haven’t? I know I should read all the same print etc, which was pointed out to me by the Electric Ireland agent, but I still can’t understand how my account online in December had a balance of ZERO when it was actually €300 in arrears and how Electric Ireland think this is ok to do!!!!!!

Very hard to comment when not seeing the bills that you refer to. BTW have you got your 2nd Government allowance also?

unlikely that the gov credit was applied and then taken away, so there must be more to the issue.

The government credit was applied at €150 on 1st Dec (shows as 137.62 + vat on the bill), and then another on 1st January of the same amount. So the €300 doesn't seem possible if you had logged on in Dec.

The easiest way to check is to login, print off the bills from Sept onwards and see the usage and the payments & credits.

Back