Electric Clothes Horse with Timer

dodo

Registered User
Messages
1,380
Just wondering has someone got a Electric clothes horse and what would they advise to look out for if buying, I see some come with a hood which I take it makes the drying process quicker.Looking at below on Amazon that allows you to control by phone, I have 3 young women in my house and the amount of hanging clothes around the house and on manual clothes horse to to been winter , also have tumble dryer but need to be at home to use this. Thinking could just leave this on during day at sets times, Newstalk had person on this morning stating it is 14 Cent to run an hour which seems great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neo-Electric-Folding-Foldable-Portable/dp/B0D792QM1V/ref=sr_1_5?crid=110GOFZQ8QSUD&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.bfmW44l6gK018d81zwKlVsA-EJgozOX4a1UbCz8PxcGIsuuyyVuZWS_nyVeCvvtgZpcNdztxVuNZvGzrclstwjZgc0baq9RJaEg9Rvbl2fg7IgamBp5Gjlo1A3HtShnlo6PxMptNIBsYJA8l_nf35d0CItDWgY2l4ngj6LKEmv6z78gMS1PPik6zJ_F8yP56C144AFPVRjcklSK-2S2blpYAHSHnvq5DCBIw_bmrx4N36vdUQFPrR1PxEIYkv7VshyIIh_r0SbI3UiwC3shOl8Mx1TVfkGqBZKVTxuUsij3AC-ga3825hh1n6gLHEvCXfyb3oW_CkC8bKDP3wVWEJam8goDQARWj_7ey9CQWX4jP0zWLFkQTMNTh6KYEkPB-cnYsg_txnJY17nR_6Z2m_3yIGNeblJfzQ7OQD-qBGTADJo7IaNEPZPhfoijddl7u.bfoNyFZdWGpQxbrwe_vpBzv66b59GGRQioyslsFXF60&dib_tag=se&keywords=electric%2Bclothes%2Bhorse%2Bdryers%2B100cm%2Bx%2B60%2Bcm&nsdOptOutParam=true&qid=1736344708&sprefix=electric%2Bclothes%2Bhorse%2Bdryers%2B100cm%2Bx%2B60%2Bcm%2Caps%2C62&sr=8-5&th=1
 
I think you’d be better off with a couple of regular clothes horses in a small, warm space (if you have one) and a dehumidifier. Ultimately, even heated clothes horses rely on the ability of the surrounding air to absorb the moisture.
 
In case it's of any use to anyone...

Screenshot_20250224-165829.webp
 
We got a dry soon linked below. I really like mine they come in different sizes and at the time we has to go up to Lakeland in Belfast to get it Amazon were not shipping here. The wheels for the feet and a thing you zip up around it are extra. I do not have a tumble dryer and I do find it good. Don’t use it unless we are overladen with laundry the rest of the time its just a clothes horse.

That all said we have a garage I personally am adverse to drying wet clothes in the house. I know that needs must but I think this is something you need to be careful about in terms of moisture and respiratory health. Just my experience with similiar,


 
We use a Meaco dehumidifer for the same purpose and it is excellent in the winter . Ideally you would have it in a smallish room with the clothes horse. It also covers off the moisture issue.


 
I second the dehumidifier suggestion. When I'm forced to dry laundry indoors it's amazing the amount of moisture that it extracts. Ditto when cooking certain dishes or when the bathroom is in high demand!
 
When I'm forced to dry laundry indoors it's amazing the amount of moisture that it extracts.
How much moisture does it extract from a full load of laundry @ClubMan ? A full load for me is about 4kg and it comes out of machine at about 8kg (that's just an educated guess). So that's about 4kg extracted. I hang the clothes on drying rack in a small (8 sq. mtr) sunroom with the storage heater on low and takes about 36hrs to be fully dry. I'm looking at ones made by an Irish company. The 10 Litre capacity model has a water tank of 2.5 Ltr and the 20 Litre capacity model has a water tank of 3 Ltr. A drainage hose can be attached to the larger one and so this would be the more suitable one if the water extracted from drying laundry exceeds the 3 Litre water tank.
Any other advice from anyone that bought a dehumidifier for drying laundry would be welcome.
 
How much moisture does it extract from a full load of laundry @ClubMan ?
I don't know. I've never measured/weighed loads. My dehumidifier is an electriQ CD10LV2 which has a 2L tank which usually fills after a several hours depending on the nature of the laundry run and environmental conditions.
 
Our meaco 10L one has a 2.5L tank, a similar washing load in a small utility room will be pretty much dry in 8 hours overnight. The tank will be close to full but machine will cut out if it fills anyway. It’s key to have one with a clothes drying function. It’s a price/size/practicality formula really, we had considered a bigger one but the 10L is perfect for a smallish room. We’ve never wished for a bigger one. However our drying room is an internal utility room that is generally warm also, a sunroom in winter may make things a bit slower as there will be a lot of window condensation etc for the dehumidifier to deal with also
 
Back
Top