Electric Blanket - good hot one!

Monbretia

Anyone bought a new electric blanket lately and managed to get one that gets good and toasty? I had to buy a new one last year and despite doing my research it's not a patch on the old one which had 9 seat settings and just a nice sliding button to turn it on/off/up/down, could just reach down side of bed and do it without even looking, heated up within minutes, literally while you would be washing your teeth. Displays that require you to actively look at them to set are a nuisance but I'd live with it at this stage once I got proper heat.

This new one while it claims a 5 min heat up doesn't deliver on the heat though, even when on ages it to me is barely lukewarm, I want hotter especially initially anyway and definitely this week as not alone the cold weather but I have a bug of some non Covid variety and am frozen!

I did research last time and vaguely recall that I came across something about them being 'dumbed down' same as was done to vacuum cleaners few years back, don't know if true or not but this much fancier model than original was not worth buying. I will buy again if I could be sure of getting something better. Anyone got a suggestion/recommendation for a recently bought blanket?

Be careful about getting an electric blanket that warms up too much. I had one some years ago that burnt the top off the mattress topper because it got too hot. Also many years ago another blanket started to burn which is probably the reason that they have as you say 'dumbed' them down.

One thing that has become quite popular over the last few years are electric hot water bottles which might be worth a try. Great for warming hands and feet.

Zero interest in hot water bottle, want all over heat.

I've had electric blankets for as long as I can remember without issue, I'm looking for one that at least does what it is meant to do so if anyone has bought one lately they would could recommend that would be great.

Zero interest in hot water bottle, want all over heat.

I've had electric blankets for as long as I can remember without issue, I'm looking for one that at least does what it is meant to do so if anyone has bought one lately they would could recommend that would be great.
I bought one a few weeks ago and it makes the warm, which is what it's supposed to do.
It's a Morphy Richards King Dual Washable Luxury Fleece Heated Mattress Cover | 620013
It takes about 10 minutes to heat up the bed.

A 15 TOG duvet is also very useful.

Back