Elec Fund Transfer?

S

sundula

If you dont want to accept payment for work done via EFT do you have any legal grounds to ask for draft,cheque, cash of something else?

Dont really want to give out bank details to collect my money, anyone know the legal standing??

Were any payment terms/methods agreed in the up-front contract?

no, was getting paid by cheque for the work, which i cashed in the credit union, but now they want to pay all monies out with EFT... can they do it or do i have some right which says i can have it what ever way i want ???

Hi sundula,

Can you clarify.

Are you an employee of the company?

Or you an independent contractor issuing invoices to the company and being paid as part of their accounts payable process?

Some larger companies notably the large dairy coops are moving to 100% eft for all their suppliers. Indeed some are insisting on electronic invoicing as well. If you want to continue to be a supplier to these companies then you will just have to comply with the wishes of the customer.

ajapale

Hi Sundula - Many large companies are moving to EFT payments. Do you mind if I ask why you would be so reluctant to give them your bank account details? To me, my bank account number is not a confidential matter - everyone who I've ever given a cheque to has access to it.

thanks rainyday, really wondering if there is some kind of legist / law which would say that you could demand cheque or cash if you wanted ?

Not that I'm aware of - As Ajapale pointed out, if you want to keep the customer, you'll have to go along with their wishes (I'm assuming you're a contractor here and not an employee).

Would you care to expand on the reasons for your concern, given that everyone you've ever written a cheque to has your bank account details if they were so inclined.

Back