Elderly Parents - Spanish Beach Holiday?

czechmate

Looking for a recommendation for a Spanish destination for a bit of sun for the parents. Fly out of Dublin (or Shannon). They're sprightly enough but won't want somewhere with crazy nightlife! Would like to be within walking distance of beach/sea. Good local food. Nice walks etc. Not really interested in the package holiday. Thinking might book an apartment for them. Any ideas? Much appreciated. thanks.

Don't rule out Portugal either.

Villa Moura is a lovely town which doesn't attract the rowdy folk. I stayed in The Lake Resort which had a lot of people in their 70s as well as young families.

sunset beach club in Belmadena (irish owned) you can get good rates on line on their website and fly either aer lingus or ryanair to malaga about 20 mins from airport, on beachfront and lovely walks all the way.. nice restaurants etc close by, good mixture of families, golfers, singles go to this hotel/apts so very suitable, been there 3 times

+1 for Portugal - my parents went to Cascais and loved it - civilised, pretty, good selection of restaurants & bars etc., the beach and not that far from Lisbon by train either. Not all old folks either so it isn't geriatric. Atlantic ocean is not as warm or as calm as the med tho. Want to go myself!

Back