Eirgrid almost ran short of electricity last week

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trouble is the gombeens are getting votes and a free pass when they call to the doors of people who know the score like your good self, why should they change,
The trouble with watered-down planning in favour of NIMBY is once the building goes up we have lost the opportunity to build homes putting as little pressure on the environment as possible,
Politicians fear the easily lead in the same way they fear the Twitterate.
no point in closing turf power stations in the midlands and due to gombeen planning in Dublin and surrounding areas, forcing the building of homes in the midlands burning up energy travelling to and from work in Dublin,
There's no link between the two. We never should have industrialised the burning of our bogs.

no, they upgraded it to burn peat, the writing was already on the wall people knew and accepted peat burning was coming to an end, there was no big outcry like you have in Dublin over planning, no gombeen politicians genuflecting and tipping their hat in Lanesbouragh,
they are more amused than anything else hearing about the diesel generators in Dublin,

Last edited:
Politicians fear the easily lead in the same way they fear the Twitterate.

There's no link between the two. We never should have industrialised the burning of our bogs.
there is a link between the two
burning fuel unnecessarily putting pressure on the environment because of gombeen Dublin politicians,

no, they upgraded it to burn peat, the writing was already on the wall people knew and accepted peat burning was coming to an end, there was no big outcry like you have in Dublin over planning, no gombeen politicians genuflecting and tipping their hat in Lanesbouragh,
they are more amused than anything else hearing about the diesel generators in Dublin,
Sure why would there be, us lot in Dublin were paying for it either way ;)

Sure why would there be, us lot in Dublin were paying for it either way ;)
Us lot in Dublin think gombeen men are down the country,
Sure we down the country knew a long long long time ago ye don't mind paying they trick is to make ye feel better and smarter,
We enjoy a good laugh at the real gombeen men being taken to the cleaners,
speaking about cleaners I am just after remembering
I need to get the chimney cleaned for the winter,
sorry,I have to go now,

Last edited:
Us lot in Dublin think gombeen men are down the country,
Sure we down the country knew a long long long time ago ye don't mind paying they trick is to make ye feel better and smarter,
We enjoy a good laugh at the real gombeen men being taken to the cleaners,
speaking about cleaners I am just after remembering
I need to get the chimney cleaned for the winter,
sorry,I have to go now,
It seems we aren't as insecure about being called bombeens though and be nice to Dubliners; 6 of your brothers and sisters probably live here.

It seems we aren't as insecure about being called bombeens though and be nice to Dubliners; 6 of your brothers and sisters probably live here.

jackeens,
you are 100% correct they went up to Dublin with their eyes wide open picked the currants out of the cake,

while the Dublin gombeen politician genuflected and tipped their cap at the NIMBY resulting in the real Dubliners
having to move to Westmeath Offaly Longford and now are burning turf again,

you are 100% correct they went up to Dublin with their eyes wide open picked the currants out of the cake,

while the Dublin gombeen politician genuflected and tipped their cap at the NIMBY resulting in the real Dubliners
having to move to Westmeath Offaly Longford and now are burning turf again,
Okay, that was fun and all but I'd like to talk to the grown-ups again.

Reactions: Leo
But why would they upgrade the power station if they knew it was going to be refused permission to continue ? The plan was to continue these until at least 2025. My understanding is that the planning decision was a complete surprise, any competent government would deem these critical infrastructure and exclude them from the requirement for planning permission. The planning authority should never have been involved in the first place , what happens if they refuse Moneypoint permission to continue ? Zimbabwe situation
Strangely the media are very quite on the whole shambles aswell they barely reported that last December Eirgrid experienced 2 amber warning alerts

you are correct joe

The other point I was making was people working there expected it to close in four or five years,
No gombeen politicians trying to keep it open any longer,I am sure they got a few euros from you know who,
because of the way the closure came about there is still lots of work before it all gets finished,
;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back