Eircom/Vodafone-lost share certs

So if u did receive the moneys from the Valencia takeover of Eircom, were u not also given shares in Vodafone? I thought say for example you invested 10K originally that u got approx 5-6K at the time of the Valentia takeover and shares in Vodafone worth 1-2K? If this is right, how do you find out if you have shares in vodafone? Back to [broken link removed] and find something there i guess??????????

Or is it a case of once you got a payoff from Valentia that's it?

LauraG

I invested in eircom at IPO, received Vodafone shares as a result of the Vodafone takeover of eircell[2000] and then money from Valentia as a result of their takeover of what remained of eircom. I'm sure that many original eircom shareholders are in the same boat.

I have some shares in Vodafone administered via Computershare. I've misplaced my share certificate (it hasn't been stolen or anything...). Computershare told me the share certificate I should have is dated 31st July 2006. When I asked if I will receive another share certificate on 31st July 2007 to supercede the one from 31st July 2006 they just said if I don't have the 31st July 2006 one I must get it replaced (incurring an administrative charge). They won't say whether I'm due of course to receive another share certificate on 31st July 2007 to supercede the one I've misplaced.

Am I?

Probably lots of people still moaning about the so called "eircom rip-off" haven't even claimed the money that's due to them and that would mitigate their losses. :rolleyes:

I'm completely mystified as to why I completely ignored all communications from Valencia yet I received the money from them for Eircon.

I got the money and I still have my original Eircon share certs too!

I have some shares in Vodafone administered via Computershare. I've misplaced my share certificate (it hasn't been stolen or anything...). Computershare told me the share certificate I should have is dated 31st July 2006.
Was July 2006 when they reissued shares after the capital repayment/restructuring?
When I asked if I will receive another share certificate on 31st July 2007 to supercede the one from 31st July 2006 they just said if I don't have the 31st July 2006 one I must get it replaced (incurring an administrative charge).
Why would you get a new share cert this year to replace shares that you have lost?! :confused:

If you lost share certs then you need to get the reissued by sending in a letter of indemnity/declaration of loss and the relevant admin fee.

I don't really understand the point of your query/complaint.

My apologies, I'll try to elaborate.

I couldn't find a vodafone share cert when I was considering disposing of the shares. I didn't know whether the share cert was something which you got re-issued each year as a matter of course or whether you only received it once. Computershare's information to me was that the share cert I need at the moment if I want to dispose of the shares is dated July 2006 (even though I hold the shares since and because of Eircom). This led me to wonder if I will receive another share cert in July 2007 as a matter of course, thus meaning there is no need for me to pay the administration fee to have my misplaced share cert replaced. I could just wait for the one I would get in July 2007.

So do I infer correctly from your reply clubman that the share cert if something I should only receive once and once only? This would mean obviously I'll have to go through with paying the admin fee to have it replaced.

Then though the question remains why Computershare have told me that the Share Cert I need to dispose of my shares is dated July 2006, despite me holding the shares much longer than that?

I couldn't find a vodafone share cert when I was considering disposing of the shares. I didn't know whether the share cert was something which you got re-issued each year as a matter of course or whether you only received it once.
It's not reissued (unless you apply for this). You get it once and you need to hold onto it in a safe place.
Computershare's information to me was that the share cert I need at the moment if I want to dispose of the shares is dated July 2006 (even though I hold the shares since and because of Eircom). This led me to wonder if I will receive another share cert in July 2007 as a matter of course, thus meaning there is no need for me to pay the administration fee to have my misplaced share cert replaced. I could just wait for the one I would get in July 2007.
OK - July 2006 must have been when they issued replacement share certs after the capital repayment/restructuring so what they were saying is that the older share certs are now worthless and you need the newer ones.
So do I infer correctly from your reply clubman that the share cert if something I should only receive once and once only? This would mean obviously I'll have to go through with paying the admin fee to have it replaced.
Yes - assuming that your shareholding was held in certificate form and not in a nominee account (you need to check this) then you need the share certs and if they are mislaid you need to contact the registrar to get them reissued.
Then though the question remains why Computershare have told me that the Share Cert I need to dispose of my shares is dated July 2006, despite me holding the shares much longer than that?
Because the pre July 2006 share certs are worthless having been superceded/replaced by newer ones reflecting the new capitalisation of the company.

Clubman,

Much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

If I may venture one more question, how do I best ascertain whether my shareholding is in certificates or a nominee account?

Periodic mailings (e.g. dividend payment notification) may state which form your shareholding is in - I can't remember. Otherwise go to ComputerShare (UK site) and login using your SRN (Shareholder Reference Number) and any other details it asks for and I think that tells you whether you should have certs or a nominee account.

I am trying to figure out how much I recieved for the sale of Eircom to Valentia. I bought 5000 originally of Eircom - how much of that was recovered from resending sjares to Valentia (after the sale of the Eircell biusiness to Vodafone).
I would appreciate any help on this one
Thanks

To which post are you referring? I am trying to find out the payment I recieved from Ericell (cannot find a record). I recently sold My Vodafone (Eircom) shares and I want to now offset losses from my Eircom investments against other shares I recently sold to calculate tax returns

I hate to drag up this topic after it's been done to death but i just recently started looking at this to comply with some ethics stuff in work..
I basically need to tell them how many shares I own (and if I have share certs or in an account etc).. was outof the country during the whole valentia offering thing so not quite sure what I have now!

I do have an Eircom share cert showing that I purchased 195 shares at 3.07IEP .. I don't have any correspondence re Valentia but this may have been sent to an incorrect address and never reached me.. I have dividend cheques from vodafone but no share cert..

According to that I own 95 shares of vodafone.. does this seem right based on the split ? Also - should i have received money re: valentia? Anyone know if I can still do that now ? Also, is it possilbe that a share cert for vodafone was never sent ?

eircom share

hi, i have followed your thread and just want to say thanks for all the tips and info. i live in the middle east and haven't been following the eircom shares for years :( . i bought shares when i was home on hols in 1999 when all the fuss was going on. anyway, due to being away i haven't kept up with it. probably logged into compushare site twice over the years.
i think i have a nominee account as i don't ever remember seeing a share cert. after everything went sort of sour i just thought i'd hang on to them and maybe someday they would be worth something. i recieved share reports and cheques in the early days of vodafone. have a lot of catch up to do. if i can get into my compushare account will that tell me all the monies i am owed over the years?

Back