Eircom ESOP: when's our next windfall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all i have been reading all these posts now.. Hope a payment is due but sounds like esop do what they want when they want and always will!

The Secret Stone Cutters Society :)

big spender , you said in your post that everyone on here claims they are not depending on the payout , i beg to differ i have not read ONE post claiming they are not depending on it . in fact quite the contrary people have been at pains to point out how they ARE depending on it , and have expressed that in a sequence of post for the attention of jerome barett . go back and read from yesterdays submissions from the forum posters

What i cant understand is why so many have let themselves bacome dependant on it, from reading previous posts, i get the impression nobody knows when the payouts will be (i stand to be corrected).

So how can you be dependant on a payment you dont know the date of?

big spender , you said in your post that everyone on here claims they are not depending on the payout , i beg to differ i have not read ONE post claiming they are not depending on it . in fact quite the contrary people have been at pains to point out how they ARE depending on it , and have expressed that in a sequence of post for the attention of jerome barett . go back and read from yesterdays submissions from the forum posters

Maybe if you actually READ my posts you'd see i was saying the opposite - ie people HAVE become dependant on this. My point is this is not a good place to be - remember the story of the government who came to rely on taxes from house sales.....

manto the reason people are depending on it is because the esop have traditionally made a payout to members in dec . now human nature being what it is people have come to expect that there would be no interuption to this already established practice .

Maybe if you actually READ my posts you'd see i was saying the opposite - ie people HAVE become dependant on this. My point is this is not a good place to be - remember the story of the government who came to rely on taxes from house sales.....

I fail to see how my position equates in any way with the current crash! I have been put in a position of dependence BECAUSE of the crash! What is your point in any case? You are coming across as being extremely smug, almost gloating over the fact that people actually NEED this money.

The simple fact is that we have an entitlement and we are constantly being denied information about when, or if we will receive this entitlement. The reason why we need it is actually irrelevant and certainly no excuse for anyone to preach about their prudent lifestyle.

Hey Big Spender. Glad to hear you are not depending on small change and I suppose you agreed to the 6-10% voluntary pay cut too. Todays grapevine indicates a payout around the 22nd of Novermber and a VL scheme by Xmas. Anyone know how much of our money the ESOP is holding. Is it 35K per person.

Hey Big Spender. Glad to hear you are not depending on small change and I suppose you agreed to the 6-10% voluntary pay cut too. Todays grapevine indicates a payout around the 22nd of Novermber and a VL scheme by Xmas. Anyone know how much of our money the ESOP is holding. Is it 35K per person.

The 22nd is a Sunday!!! What is a VL scheme?

Oh Yeah and to the Grinch Jerome..........I would also request that you inform ALL members if we are going to receive OUR money this side of Christmas. Otherwise I may have to make my own Christmas gifts! I was thinking of making dolls.............Voodoo dolls and calling them all Jerome.

in light of the recent disclosure from imagine communications that they intend to undercut by up to 50% and effectivaly render eircom surplas to requirements .
Paul, I'm not sure but I would have thought that Imagine, like Smart Telecom, would be relying on "piggybacking" eircom's network to provide their special offers ? Unless they are providing a totally wireless network which will not match eircom speeds via copper / fibre.
If eircom were a wholesale network provider to a miriad of service providers they still get the line rental (albeit at reduced amounts) but leaves them in a strong position, far from surplus to requirements

Lucky Lou, What I was told was week beginning the 22/11. VL scheme is aVoluntary Leaving scheme to attract people with long service to quit before Brian Lenihan taxes the gratuity

Notice of Ballot of ESOP participants - Esop page dated 13th November.
NO SIGN OF OUR MONEY Grrrrr.

Yes dr1nky I will take you up on the offer of pins, lots of them now.

paul o b - I for one am not depending on it.... that doesn't mean I don't want it as I very much do want it, so you don't speak for everyone on this forum. I don't work for the esop and I've already taken a 10% hit on my pay and don't earn much but I do also understand people have gotten used to a Christmas alloc and I hope we get one. I personally have always been in the habit of not spending what I don't have, and hopefully long may I be able to continue like that. If I can't afford something I don't get it. I know people with kids going to college etc may not be in that position, but bottom line here is all your moaing and *****ing on here isn't going to make a damn bit of difference.

I never take it for granted how much I'm getting until its posted on the site and I ring them to see how much of that I get (not full alloc) There are regulatory issues that prevent them from telling people how much we are getting in advance and that is not going to change. Hopefully the extra 21, when it's posted will make things clearer

New update for ESOP Participants posted on Livenet this morning.

Notice of Ballot of ESOP Participants

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Directors of the eircom ESOP Trustee have determined that a ballot of the Participants of the eircom ESOP will take place on the Acquisition by Emerald Communication (Cayman) SPC of eircom Holdings Limited and the ESOP Proposal.

A Ballot Paper will be posted to each Participant at his or her home address, or the address nominated for ESOP correspondence, on or about 16th November 2009. Any Participant who does not receive a Ballot Paper should contact the ESOP helpline on 1800 27 27 00.

All Ballot Papers must be returned to the Returning Officer at the address below by 1.00 pm on Tuesday, 1st December 2009 in the prepaid envelope enclosed with the Ballot Paper.

eircom ESOP Trustee Limited
1 Heuston South Quarter
St. John’s Road
Dublin 8

prepaid envelope enclosed with the Ballot Paper.

What a waste of ESOP funds ....I mean, if there was better communication surely it would be better to have an online ballot to save **ssing money up against the wall! As for the glossy 'ESOP Extra' publications - shocking waste altogether!

paddyc . show me please where i claimed to speak for everyone on this forum ? i expressed my own views and that of the vast MAJORITY of contributors on the forum to the esop people on foot of a phone call i made to the esop unit . i did not claim to speak for everyone on the forum then , or indeed now . i dont have such mandete

HI there, whether they are dependant or not I think the main issue fore everyone is the lack of information. A notification should be sent out to let people know if there will be an allocation as soon as possible.

I take it that anyone contributing to this site is voting no and will be trying to influence others to do the same. Not that it's a bad takeover just purely as a protest vote on lack of information coming out of the hallowed halls of ESOP

Anyone read the circular from CWU today,scary stuff, if you want to hold on to your pension and jobs the pressure is on to vote yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back