Eircom ESOP: when's our next windfall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&quot]Voting no will not be good for anyone, think about it logically, if STT don't take us over, who is going to, don’t look at the government, they have no money, and the way financial matters are in eircom at the moment, well, it may just turn even more ugly. NO IS NOT ON OPTION.[/FONT]

drinky i honestly dont think that whether we yes , or , is in any way going to influnce their decision as to whether we get a payout or not .

drinky i honestly dont think that whether we yes , or , is in any way going to influnce their decision as to whether we get a payout or not .

Yeah Paul, I think you're right .....they seem to make it up as they go along in my opinion!

it may well be the case that our shares will be worth NOTHING fairly soon . reports in weekend , and todays papers ,say that this company called imagine are to undercut eircoms prices by 50% . this being the case i would suggest that eircom will have no customers left , and will effectively be rendered usless , and this esop crowd want us to give them a mandate to increase the stake in a company that cant fight back because of regulority constraints . this is laughable and should be resisted by every member who holds shares . i am more annoyed then i can express on this forum that these gangsters in esop wont tell us anything

the only way we can get whats left, is to vote no. They are going to gamble with what ever is left, in a company that seems to be going down and down, cleaned out by the fat cats.,

They are going to gamble with what ever is left, in a company that seems to be going down and down, cleaned out by the fat cats.,

....the only thing that I hate more than Fat Cats is Clowns, and there seems to be plenty of them on the ESOP Board!

I also hate Fat Clowns - wrong!! So very, very wrong...

whatever this esop extra 21 contains when it finally arrives at our doors , will have been printed in the context of the situation as it stood before the anouncment by imagine communications that they are going to undercut eircom by 50 % . so in light of this new devolopment i would urge all members to vote no as far as increasing the stake in the company is concerned , although the board of esop are so arrogant they will probably go ahead and increase it anyway . they are just paying lip service to us

Members of the ESOP who are still in the company should contact their union rep and voice their displeasure at the pocket filling events of the board.

Mountain voting no is certainly an option and maybe the only one we have. We are not voting to stop stt taking over the company thats going to happen anyway, we are voting NO to stop these idiots who control esop pouring our money into it. As they have proved they could not care less about us this is all about them lining their own pockets and keeping their cushy little jobs. Look at the shobby way we were treated in june that was a disgrace, now here we are on november 10 and they still have not told us if we are getting a payout this christmas or not. As for esop 21 where is it ?. As i said if we do not get a christmas payout vote no to these idiots and then hopefully this whole farce will have to be wound up and we will get what we are entitled to.

members firstly i would like to let you know that i phoned the credit union this morning with a view to finding out if they knew if we were to get a payment or not . the person i spoke to said he heard yesterday that we were , but on further enqiries from a colleague , he confirmed to me that it was now his understanding that we will NOT get a payment . apart from the fact that NOBODY should have the right to know before the members [ credit union included ] the obvious contempt in which we are held by the board of esop , i propose that we stage a protest outside the esops offices until they agree to meet with us and stop treating us like children and tell us what we want to know . i will wait two days from now to gage your reaction to this proposal , and if your reaction is favourable i will then inform the board of esop by email of our intention to highlight this absolute disgrace by way of protest outside their offices . in the event that people are agreeable to take such action , further contact can be arrranged between the interested parties , and the esop board will be duly notified of our intentions on a date to be decided

the esop MUST be wound down now otherwise we are going to lose out,ive said it before and once again i say it,im sick and tired of being drip fed info and paltry handouts ie. June distribution ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

i should have mentioned in my previous post that if you support my proposal for protest action please post the word support in your next post and from that i will have some idea if i should advise the board accordingly of the action we propose to take

Paul,

I believe this would be an unwise course of action in the current climate. However I understand where you're coming from on this. I would be more interested in getting some legal advice on our position as members of the esop and whether it might be possible to mount some sort of investigation of how the esop has been managed up to this point and exactly where money is being spent. A glimpse at some expense sheets might be a revelation in itself.

Have we actually requested to meet with the board? This might be a better first step before taking to the streets.

Do you think the esop board know how upset the members are?

Do the esop office staff who answer the phones, pass on our queries and frustration to their management?

In the short term, we could all send e-mails or make phone calls to Jerome Barrett ect, because talking to those fools in the esop office maybe a waste of time!

Has anyone out there got direct e-mail address or phone numbers that we could use??

i have just spoken to the esop unit , and on the basis of what i was told you can draw your own conclusions . this vote we are being asked to take is NOT about increasing our stake in eircom it is about stt offer for the company , or if we accept it or not . it was explained in detail to me that in the opinion of esop it is imperitive that we return a yes vote in order to keep the company afloat for pension purposes more then any other reason . you are NOT being asked to vote on increasing the stake at all according to them , but they refuse to rule out this happening at some time in the future . i pointed out that the only thing members are interested in at the moment was if we were getting a payout by christmas or not , and surprise , suprise they could not say . i kept pressing for an answer but none was forthcoming . draw your own conclusions from that

I am sorry but as an esop member I am not interested in pensions for current eircom employees - though I hope that there pensions become secure - I am interested in receiving payments. The esop is not there for eircom employees that is the reason that they have a union. The esop is there for those who received distributions over the years whether they work for the company now or not

i have just spoken to the esop unit , and on the basis of what i was told you can draw your own conclusions . this vote we are being asked to take is NOT about increasing our stake in eircom it is about stt offer for the company , or if we accept it or not . it was explained in detail to me that in the opinion of esop it is imperitive that we return a yes vote in order to keep the company afloat for pension purposes more then any other reason . you are NOT being asked to vote on increasing the stake at all according to them , but they refuse to rule out this happening at some time in the future . i pointed out that the only thing members are interested in at the moment was if we were getting a payout by christmas or not , and surprise , suprise they could not say . i kept pressing for an answer but none was forthcoming . draw your own conclusions from that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back