Eircom ESOP: when's our next windfall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be sure of it, give me the occular proof - will this be announced anytime soon either on the ESOP website or the next publication?

even if it is true about the 4 800 , it is a long way from the 10 ,000 that was reported in an earlier post

Just rang esop they have told me no decision has been made yet. In early november this is crazy. People seem to be getting information from everywhere yet esop stick to the same standard answers.

see thats the problem - all these whispers and rumours are just that until ESOP "decide" to tell all....which, and especially true in the run up to Christmas, is very stupid.

Over the past few years have come to depend on that payout - and it would be nice to know the earlier the better so people can plan around if they are getting a payout or not

did they happen to even say when a decision would be made?

i suppose if they said no decision has been made , they are aware that people are expecting a payout . its better then an uniquivocal no . i think that sounds a bit more hopeful , but still we have a right to know at the earliest oppertunity and this has not been forthcoming

I posted a message on the 21-09-09 that I was told by a credit union worker we were getting a payout in Dec, I spoke with that same person yesterday and he reassured me a payment is being made no doubt about that.As for the people who answer the calls in ESOP they are under instructions to answer all qwerys with the same answer.I can tell you now a decision has beeen reached they are just playing mind games with members,It gives them asense of power.

I was told by another contact today that a large amount of eircom employees have been unnecessarily contacting the Credit Union over the past few weeks requesting small loans for Christmas, because they were hearing rumours that there wasn't going to be any ESOP pay out this Christmas. The Credit Union were getting so many calls for loans this Christmas that they rang ESOP and the ESOP did confirm to the Credit Union that there WILL BE a payout in December.

eircomlifer i dont doubt your sincerity for a moment , but i would be very surprised if the esop people , who continue to tell us they know nothing , could possibility reveal to the credit union that we ARE getting a payout . they would be leaving themselves wide open on the basis that they have continuesly denied any knowledge of a payout to the MEMBERS , yet they are prepared to confirm a different story to NON members , ie the credit union . they would leave themselves open to all sorts of critisism , not to mention the fact that they would loose all creditability with the membership . i dont think it is their style to make such revelations known to anyone . this is not the way they operate , also i have just rang the esop now and the usual answer was forthcoming , WE KNOW NOTHING . the woman i spoke to was at pains to point out that esop 21 [ when it arrives ] also will NOT inform us of any payout , that we will receive it along with ballot papers , and it will deal specificly with the issues contained therein ie the proposed sale of eircom to stt ans that we will be asked to vote accordingly

Union staff are telling everyone that there is definitely no payment this year. There are so many rumours going around that I will believe nothing until the letter and cheque are in my hand.

ah you got to love the rumour mill - yes, no, maybe, whats a payout - all the fun answers we can enjoy - while other faceless people pull our strings and makes us wait - personally I just want one last payment in december, in full of what I am owed and then I can wash my hands of this mess that is called ESOP

ah you got to love the rumour mill - yes, no, maybe, whats a payout - all the fun answers we can enjoy - while other faceless people pull our strings and makes us wait - personally I just want one last payment in december, in full of what I am owed and then I can wash my hands of this mess that is called ESOP

Right on! ph

it will be a surprise to me if we get a payout this year . look at it this way , we ALWAYS would know by now if we are to get it or not , union people saying definitly no payout , esop denying any knowledge of a payout , and no optimosim among staff at all , in addition to all this the deal will not be finalised with stt for the sale of the company till earlier next year . traditionally when the company was sold in the past , and a payout was subject to that sale , it was never paid out till this process was completed , so why would it be any different this time ?

I think your right paul 0.b. esop will be asking us to vote + on the sale to stt, just vote no until we start to get our money. Whats the union possition on this?

you ask whats the union position on this ? well it has been my experience , and observation of the c w u , that they tend to dis assocate from esop in times of uncertainty , claiming that they are independent of esop and have no influnce whatsoever insofar as predicting if a payout will be forthcoming or not . [remember this is only in uncertain times though ] all other times they claim to be the driving force behind esop ,

Surely we are entitled to receive money for the shares withheld but already redeemed in our names in June?

ahh just like me you didnt read the small print . sure we were led to believe at the inception of esop that we could expect a figure in the reagion of 80 k per man , now i know we have exceeded that amount , but the way it was admisistered was no good to anyone . 6 k here 6 k there you could do nothing constructive with those amounts , and when it was challenged they pointed to the small print about revenue . we also got the impression that the board of esop was to be elected anually , but when this lot got in they became a law onto themselves , with no elections at all . they are there for the life of the esop , and the way they are going esop will be a very old man before he dies thus keeping themselves in their cushy little numbers

This whole thing is a joke. When you ring the esop unhelpfull helpline it is always the same old thing I KNOW NOTHING. What exactly is their role, what do they do from one end of the year to the other. As far as i can see they are just trained liars serving no purpose at all. Just think nobody in the esop unit knows anything and we are supposed to believe this. They are all keeping themselves in their cosy little jobs with nothing to do. While we get the mushroom treatment keep them in the dark and feed them ****. They need us to vote yes to give them the go-ahead to buy into stt unless we get a christmas payout the vote should be a resounding NO. Dont give them anymore power to keep treating us like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back