Eircom ESOP: when's our next windfall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No prob drinky i am still having no luck getting through to the unhelpfull helpline. Will keep trying though, and of course got no responce to my e-mail.

hi lads just signed up to this site,i was told by a credit union official we will be getting a payout first week in december,did not say how much!

I heard €6k for full allocation holders...

We'll just have to wait and see what happens - fingers crossed we get something anyway!

Very little rumours around at the moment.

There was a few months ago. There was one that the new potential owner wants to own the company outright and has 'done a deal' to buy us out with the ESOP/Revenue etc. I personally didnt like the sound of it as in the current climate our 35% is not worth much and we would be lucky to see the money talked about in the past. The one big payout is about all we'd get (<€36k).

But I haven't heard anything since, so it probably was just that - rumours.

Nermal, I started in the p&t in 1972 in conditions you would not even have nightmares about,you probably wern't even born then.Bet you have a nice little number in a cosy office in HQ.

Personally speaking i would take all and cut my losses instead of being drip fed a few thousand here and there and not even knowing if we are getting anything,which is the situation we are at now.Get it done and over with now once and for all.

@twinnie - now that would be the prefered payment and right before Chrimbo too.

But failing that - I just want transparency from ESOP - I just want clarification whats happening, and decent notification of, if any, pay outs are happening in December

I was told yesterday by a nat exec union person the payout is 4,800 first week in dec.Also the union side want the esop wound up next year. there is a split between esop and union.STT don't need any more investment from esop.

I was told yesterday by a nat exec union person the payout is 4,800 first week in dec.Also the union side want the esop wound up next year. there is a split between esop and union.STT don't need any more investment from esop.
this is prob. true what company wants a union shareholder around its neck

lads with respect , i think you need to seperate this union , esop thing . they are two separate bodies and dont have any say in the affairs of each other [ at least thats what they always told me ] oh wait thats ONLY when things are bad that the union claims not to be involved in the affairs of esop . like when there is no possibility of a payout , or when esop wont give out info , or when esop want to do something stupid like buy more into eircom [at our expense ] . is it not amazing that one person on the forum claims that he was told by a nec member that we will get a payout of 4800 in dec , yet esop tell you [ in the imortal words of manuel from faulty towers ] WE KNOW NOTHING . we are still being lied to , because one of them has to be right , my money is on the union ex being right because the esop have traditionally never given out info except to say we dont know , when infact they do

A couple of years ago i rang the ESOP unhelpfull helpline to ask if there was a christmas payout. They told me no decision had been made, the next day on their website they announced a christmas payout. Thats what you are up against its pointless even ringing them.

It's all very frustrating, isn't it? Like the death throes of a bad marriage! I wonder do we constitute a self help group now? EEDA....Eircom Esop Desperados Anonymous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back