Eircom bundle & reduced package discout mid contract

Ash

I'm a long time Eircom customer. In October last year, I got a cold call from them which ended up reducing the cost of package I was on. It all came in about E10 or E12 less than before. So I took it. Yes there was a 12 month contract but that was ok.

The most recent bill received has reduced the "eircom Talk & Broadband bundle credit" by approx. E8 over all the bills since the October change. (Other listed charges remain the same)

Am I wrong in thinking the reductions/discounts in a 12 month contract should remain the same for the duration of the contract?

I wasn't notified of a price increase - though in fact it isn't really a price increase but a reduction of the amount of discount. I feel the cost of the bundle is quite high as it is without paying more again.

Has anyone else noticed this on their eircom bundle bill?

Eircom usually sell bundle deals at a lower price for 6 months and a higher one for the remainder of the contract.

Thank you Guns N Roses,
That's probably what happened. To be fair, I can't remember precisely what was said over the phone at the time. Have yet to get time to set aside to join the customer service phone line queue!

Yeah, most of these offers are limited to 6 months. Their hope being you sign-up based on the special offer rate, then get lazy 12 months later when the contract term expires and don't shop around again.

Back