Eircom broadband - underhand tactics

HMC

Be warned.
I got a call from Eircom last week about moving to broadband. Initially I was interested until I heard that there would be an engineer's charge of €30. The Eircom person did not offer this information however at the outset; I asked. As a result I told her to cancel any changes she had made to my account (transferring me to the talk talk bundle).
Yesterday an unwanted/unordered modem arrived. Rang Eircom. First person told me my account was as before. Passed to "Customer Service" where a second person confirmed I had in fact been signed over to the TT bundle with broadband despite my instructions.
I now await the jiffy envelope to return the unwanted modem.

Happened to me years ago. Spent months trying to get my number included in the database against which broadband availability tests are run, despite the fact that all my neighbours were already included. Eventually they called me to say that they had included it and if I wanted to order broadband. I said no and proceeded to order from BT. Couple of days later an Eircom branded modem turned up and BT called to inform me that I already had broadband and I would have to cancel that and get them the cancellation number before they could proceed with the order...

Back