Eircode is not assigned to my address

robirana

Hey, I have started a small business 5 months ago in Dublin, I have fulfilled all the details to have an Eircode like Geographic coordinates and Principal post town but I am unable to get an Eircode. Whenever I try to contact the support they say that is get updated automatically in 1,2 months but I am still waiting. My business must need it as soon as possible. Main thing is whenever It try on main tool to find my Eircode It says no code found but other tools like https://eircodefinder.com show the old business Eircode. What should I do now can someone help?

Hey, I have started a small business 5 months ago in Dublin, I have fulfilled all the details to have an Eircode like Geographic coordinates and Principal post town but I am unable to get an Eircode. Whenever I try to contact the support they say that is get updated automatically in 1,2 months but I am still waiting. My business must need it as soon as possible. Main thing is whenever It try on main tool to find my Eircode It says no code found but other tools like https://eircodefinder.com show the old business Eircode. What should I do now can someone help?
Send four or five letters addressed to your business at the address. Ideally over the space of about two weeks. Delivery man will record the delivery which will create a record within an Post, this in turn creates a request to eircode for a new code. If the premises is only attended part time buy a letter box to position outside so delivery is assured.

Send four or five letters addressed to your business at the address. Ideally over the space of about two weeks. Delivery man will record the delivery which will create a record within an Post, this in turn creates a request to eircode for a new code. If the premises is only attended part time buy a letter box to position outside so delivery is assured.
It seems nice idea. Thanks, I will try it.

I am unable to get an Eircode.
other tools like https://eircodefinder.com show the old business Eircode.
Just to clarify - your business premises does already have an eircode but the address details associated with that eircode include the name of an old business that used to reside at that premises and not yours? So the issue is updating the address details and not actually obtaining a new eircode? In that case you may need to contact An Post rather than Eircode to change the business name in the address in An Post's GeoDirectory?
The address shown on the Eircode Finder looks different to the address I use can it be changed?

There is no one official address for any location in Ireland and many versions of an address can exist such as geographic, postal, electoral, or historical addresses.
The Eircode Finder contains the geographic and postal address, both addresses are provided to us by An Post GeoDirectory.
Eircode cannot amend or change these addresses.
I wish to have a business name removed or changed on an Eircode

Simply click on this link https://www.geodirectory.ie/get-in-touch and provide the address and Eircode of the property in question and tell us what you want removed /amended off the Eircode. For example, I would like to remove Clancy’s Fireplaces from Eircode 1234xyz, 12 main Street Tullamore and have Mick’s Burgers added to it instead

In that case you may need to contact An Post rather than Eircode to change the business name in the address in An Post's GeoDirectory?
This is correct and is set out in eircode's FAQs. So get in touch with GeoDirectory. In practice I think this means having a word with the postman to start with.

For postal delivery anyway it shouldn't really matter. The eircode relates to a delivery point at a premises and that doesn't change even if the business does.

Google maps is very important for people who want to find a premises these days. It may be possible to mark the old business as no longer in existence on google maps and to update your new business with the eircode.

Google maps is very important for people who want to find a premises these days. It may be possible to mark the old business as no longer in existence on google maps and to update your new business with the eircode.
Yep, and if the OP places their business at this location they can claim ownership and be alerted when anyone enters a review or tries to update any details.

Back