Eir charging €5.99 for printed invoice. How not to pay if over 65years.

Sconeandjam

Eir at it again. Now they under the gaize of being green will charge €5.99 to print a bill and send it to you.

If you are a pensioner or over 65 you do not have to pay this fee. Contact Eir Age Frendly 1800 252 252. Give your account details and name date of birth and the fee can be waved. Definitely applies if you just have a phone line without broadband.

Heads up. I have to threaten to go to the regulator as first they said as it is an old plan my mother would have to have the account for 25years to get the fee removed. All changed and told to call Eir Age Friendly.
This should be in the literature they send or somewhere on their notification but I did not see it.

Eir started to charge for their eircom.net webmail service and then deleted all the emails on the customers accounts.
They will now probably proceed to lose all the paper bills for the customers who have opted to pay for paper billing..

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. It does not say how to be one one of the age friendly customers or the number they should call to join. It does not say if you are over 65 call the number so you will not be charged. Don’t forget this is online not in a flyer in the paper bill they post out. Not everyone has broadband.

Eir started to charge for their eircom.net webmail service and then deleted all the emails on the customers accounts.
They will now probably proceed to lose all the paper bills for the customers who have opted to pay for paper billing..
Seemly someone on another site said they changed to paperless billing and Eir messed up their bills.

When I called the Eir retention team(could only get through to that team) the guy said I could change my Mother’s account to paperless and she could pay 2 months in advance. Seriously. He tried to change her old package to the new system to pay monthly not by monthly as she has now. She would not be able to move back. As a result of staying on the old system she is paying €95 plus vat bI monthly just so she can have safety of having a telephone line.

Thanks for the information. It does not say how to be one one of the age friendly customers or the number they should call to join. It does not say if you are over 65 call the number so you will not be charged. Don’t forget this is online not in a flyer in the paper bill they post out. Not everyone has broadband.
Customers currently receiving paper bills are being contacted with details of how they can switch to paperless billing either through self-serve on my eir or by contacting our customer care team.

When I called the Eir retention team(could only get through to that team) the guy said I could change my Mother’s account to paperless and she could pay 2 months in advance. Seriously. He tried to change her old package to the new system to pay monthly not by monthly as she has now. She would not be able to move back. As a result of staying on the old system she is paying €95 plus vat bI monthly just so she can have safety of having a telephone line.
As @RedOnion suggests above, why don't you get her to move to another provider so?

Eir is a de facto monopoly as far as landline provision goes. It's literally a nightmare to switch.
You literally contact another provider and switch. There's no nightmare about it.
The physical lines are provided by Eir, but you terminate your relationship with them. The service provider rents the line from Eir.

You literally contact another provider and switch. There's no nightmare about it.
The physical lines are provided by Eir, but you terminate your relationship with them. The service provider rents the line from Eir.
Believe me, Eir will find some way to trip you up and leave you without service for as long as they can manage. The culture there is rotten.

Believe me, Eir will find some way to trip you up and leave you without service for as long as they can manage. The culture there is rotten.
Fair enough.
My parents switched to Pure without any issues, and have never looked back. Their service has actually improved because Pure have an SAL with Eir, so any outages are repaired more quickly than before.

Will my mother still have a bi monthly bill and invoice in the post if she switches?. All I see is other providers want dd set up and monthly bills. She has her money set out so likes the bi monthly bill. Also will it be easy to add the telephone allowance to her account? It was so hard to set it up in the first place.

Think she is worried she will not get a bi monthly bill or have to set up a dd. Likes going into the post office to pay her bills.
My parents are exactly the same. I know my mam gets bill in the post from Pure, and pays it when she's collecting her pension.

Will give Pure a call then.

Just a side note now do I log out using Android Firefox? Cannot find the log out button.
My parents are exactly the same. I know my mam gets bill in the post from Pure, and pays it when she's collecting her pension

Will my mother still have a bi monthly bill and invoice in the post if she switches?. All I see is other providers want dd set up and monthly bills. She has her money set out so likes the bi monthly bill. Also will it be easy to add the telephone allowance to her account? It was so hard to set it up in the first place.
Most providers charge monthly.
If she wants to put up with eir and pay for the privilege of fortnightly billing then that's her choice.

Back