eflow readers not reading my eflow tag sucessfully. Is it my car?

Horatio

So I have an eflow account with 2 cars registered. One tag works perfectly fine. Tee auto barrier opens on approach as expected & in the case of M50 the video capture works fine too.

On the second car when I approach the auto barrier the sign reads "not valid" & redirects me to the manual pay booths. I have been issued several tags from eflow & I have positioned the tags in different window locations but every time "not valid". I'm trying to get eflow to escalate this for investigation as I suspect this is an account configuration issue but they just keep trying to send me out new replacement tags.

M50 video capture tolling works fine with the eflow account - no issue there.

Has anyone else on here had a similar experience & found a remedy?
Advice appreciated.
TIA.

Anything special or different about the car it's not working in? Heated or insulated windscreen perhaps? If so the manufacturer / dealer may be able to recommend placement options. Volvo for example recommend placing them as high as possible on their cars fitted with heat reflective film.

I had that - we asked for a replacement tag and that solved the problem

You can sign on to your account and see if it is configured correctly - they may have allocated the new tags to the wrong car

We replaced ours recently old tag, if you don't return your old tag they'll charge you €20, plus vat ,as we found out.

Yea, the simple config I can see seems to be in order. The car reg & the tag # are paired correctly.
Spoke to them on the phone this afternoon & they just wanted to send out yet another tag.
I have requested an escalation, if this doesn't work out we'll switch provider to see if we can get this sorted.

Any providers to be avoided? Experience appreciated.

The batteries on these things decay and usually you'll notice when toll bridges stop accepting it. I use Direct Route and I think I'm on my 3rd or 4th in 15 years.

Yea, the simple config I can see seems to be in order. The car reg & the tag # are paired correctly.
Spoke to them on the phone this afternoon & they just wanted to send out yet another tag.
I have requested an escalation, if this doesn't work out we'll switch provider to see if we can get this sorted.

Any providers to be avoided? Experience appreciated.
My father is with eflow and seems to have far fewer issues with this than I have (I use Direct Route) - I think he's only had 1 replacement in the time I've had at least 2.

Possibly the troublesome tag is set to video tolling instead of tag tolling. In the case of the M50 this would cause a fine notice even if the tag was in credit ?

Sounds more like an issue with the account setup on the second tag.

You could try a test detach the tag from the window and hold outside the window, If you or passenger can do so safely.

or

Ask them to cancel this one and setup a new one
Effectively scratch car 2 and associate with car 3 then associate the reg with that.

Escalation was a good idea, best of luck

Thanks Frank. I’ll try that.

I was in the phone to them again during the week and the lady suggested that the placement might be wrong. I have made placements in three different places already but she said I should keep trying as this has not happened before to her knowledge.

They’re going to send me out two or three placement holders in the post so I can try different slots. She also recommended your method of trying it by hand first even though she acknowledged the instruction says not to do it.

Cheers.

No idea Leo but the eflow girl has never come across this before & my car is not rare by any means. It's a 2013 car so I'd be surprised if it has any fancy coatings on it.

Reactions: Leo
so just to close the loop on this thread.

I rang them a few more times and they escalation of the case to a more senior person she advised that I hold the tag in my hand as I approached the toll gate and see what worked in what placement.

It worked high up on the windscreen where those little black dots are, I think it’s in most modern cars now. So I placed it there and has been no problem since.

Thanks for all the contributions above.

It worked high up on the windscreen where those little black dots are, I think it’s in most modern cars now. So I placed it there and has been no problem since.
It's likely then that your screen has a solar reflective film embedded within the glass layers. Getting more common now, but the top border is usually left clear for toll tags.

so just to close the loop on this thread.

I rang them a few more times and they escalation of the case to a more senior person she advised that I hold the tag in my hand as I approached the toll gate and see what worked in what placement.

Thanks for all the contributions above.
i think they make reference to that in the fitting instructions at least they did on mine, the top area with the black dots seems to work well.

Back