Eddie Hobbs gives his side of the story in the Sunday Business Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post up a few pictures of the property bought in Detriot by the" property experts." I shiver to think I considered investing.
Follow this up with a few pictures of pensioners who attended the meetings god help them trying to recover some of their life savings.

I must be honest and say that I attended two of Eddie's "open days" regarding investment. He's quite a showman and some of us on AAM are showmen to a certain extent too. One thing struck me in the information meetings was the the amount of people who hid themselves inside the pages of newspapers for whatever reason. Most of the attendees were taking Eddie seriously. Right enough much of the attendance were elderly or approaching retirment. To his credit Eddie plugged gold as an investment on which half of the audience translated as shopping for gold jewellery. Amazing how many women pointed to the parts of the body they thought should be adorned with gold.

Daniel O'Donnell makes a good living by playing to the elderly. Why shouldn't Eddie?

Some people lost heavily on the Brendan project. But, most of them seem to be taking it on the chin. Remember the moaning regarding the Eircom shares issue where every talk show on radio was full of investors who had a loss. The elderly seem not to be complaining. I think they deserve some kind of applause. They are not expecting the Irish taxpayer to bail them out.

I note the taxpayer is still bailing out banks who are literally throwing people out of their homes. Something is wrong somewhere and our prisons are still too empty of bank people and former bank people who should be resident there for quite some time. I bet none of these suffered loss through Eddie Hobbs investments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back