ECCO shoes .co. uk fake or genuine?

Zelda1959

I think I might have bought from a fake ECCO website called ECCO shoes co.uk I booked 2 pairs of shoes for 200 pounds, and paid by my UK credit card but have not received any confirmation and no answer from the contact number? Any thoughts would be appreciated, other than I am an idiot!

Update - the actual web address is www.eccoshoesuk.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Charge back on your CC if the shoes don't arrive, I always use Trustpilot to check out if websites are legit or to get a feel if their service or goods are legit

Brendan
Try ECCO shoes co.uk in your google search
click on the eccoshoesuk.com link
then put the address in trustpilot
and you'll get 19 bad reviews

I have to say from first looks it does look exactly like the real Ecco shoes website

OK, I have reviewed those site reviews.

I had seen that site and assumed it was official. If I had been in the market, I would have ordered from them.

They all got shoes, so it's not a total scam.

Maybe they are not ECCO shoes.

Amazing that the offical ECCO can't get the site closed down or get Google to stop finding it.

Brendan

Also when you look at the website, they have all the shoes in all sizes that should have warned me.

Re trustpilot, watch out for links to trustpilot on the vendors screen. For some reason they filter the good reviews. If you search for trustpilot on google you get to see the truth.

I found this with euglobal central. I had never heard about this outfit before. I clicked on trustpilot from their website and all was good. So I ordered a pair of headphones (cheaper than the competition - not too good to be true). It was only afterwards I saw the real trustpilot with all the complaints (non delivery, no customer service). When I looked at their website closely I saw that they were Chinese. So I thought maybe customs charges as well. Anyway after a few weeks I received nothing so put it down to experience.

Then one day they turned up, no customs charges etc. Headphones were brand new, not ripoffs and are working to this day! I count myself lucky.

I've haven't had to do it myself but my better half had to do when PayPal wouldn't refund after a non-delivery in Spain
Afaik just contact your bank or CC provider, tell them that you ordered shoes from the website and they haven't arrived and you'd like your money back through charge back
you will probably have to wait a certain amount of time to allow for slow postage before the bank will refund

I agree I wish ECCO could get it shut down. I guess I have lost my 200 quid.

It can be very difficult to get such sites shut down, and it's almost impossible for the big brands to get anywhere close to keeping on top of this.

I've haven't had to do it myself but my better half had to do when PayPal wouldn't refund after a non-delivery in Spain
Afaik just contact your bank or CC provider, tell them that you ordered shoes from the website and they haven't arrived and you'd like your money back through charge back
you will probably have to wait a certain amount of time to allow for slow postage before the bank will refund
@Zelda1959
I experienced a very similar issue about 2 months ago (fake website, that disappeared after 2 days - no order confirmation etc.) I called my bank (AIB) explained the situation and asked for
a chargeback. I had to send them a letter providing the details, website URL, screenshot of the order screen etc.) but that was all. Had the money back in my account 2 weeks later.

Merlin

I've just emailed Ecco to ask if its a legit website, we'll see what comes back

Got a response from ECCO

Good morning,
Thank you for contacting the ECCO customer service team.

ECCOSHOESUK is indeed a valid and real ECCO retailer that is affiliated with the ECCO company.

ECCOSHOESUK
Telephone: 01823 426035
Email: [email protected]
If you have any additional comments, questions, and/or concerns please communicate them with ECCOSHOEUK.
We wish you a wonderful rest of your day, and a splendid holiday.

Best regards
Jason Edwards
ECCO Customer Care

So the shoes might be on there way after all

Last edited:
Back