ECB rate rise

Stitcher

If the ECB rate rises in July to 0.25% as announced by Mr Lane, when would that be applied to mortgage rates?

I am in the process of re fixing my KBC mortgage with KBC but have to break to a variable rate briefly then refix for 3 years . I am wondering if it is now risky as my 2.25% fixed might go up for new KBC mortgages from July. I have only 4 or 5 years to go so not worthwhile moving to another provider.

Any advice?

If the ECB rate rises in July to 0.25% as announced by Mr Lane, when would that be applied to mortgage rates?

I am in the process of re fixing my KBC mortgage with KBC but have to break to a variable rate briefly then refix for 3 years . I am wondering if it is now risky as my 2.25% fixed might go up for new KBC mortgages from July. I have only 4 or 5 years to go so not worthwhile moving to another provider.

Any advice?
It's being so long I had to think, August mortgage payment would have the increase, but the world has changed.

I am in the process of re fixing my KBC mortgage with KBC but have to break to a variable rate briefly then refix for 3 years
I'm just wondering why you have to do this? Is it KBC's rule, or is it your choice so that you can make a large overpayment without penalty while on variable?

I know it's crazy, but that's what I have to do: break (there is no break fee at the moment), move on to the variable than refix asap. I just want to get the maximum term before BOI take over. Have done it twice already and process takes about a month.

Back