ECB +2.25% - should I switch to another lender?

L

Leinster209

Guest
Hi, I curently have my mortgage with PTSB. Last November I decided to switch to AIB and after a lot of paper work etc, they finally sent me a letter of offer, which is valid for 6 months from January 1st, with a rate of 2.9%, which is obviously gone up now to 3.3%. However due to delays in AIB the funds haven't been drawn down yet. My fixed rate term with PTSB ended last September and it's now on a tracker and am thinking that it may be better to stick with PTSB at this stage, given that ECB have indicated rates won't be moving north this year. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
 

suemoo1

Frequent Poster
Messages
288
im on a tracker with ulster bank and everyone tells me how lucky i am, so id stick with where you are at the moment.
 
I

irishlinks

Guest
If the tracker is at or below ecb plus 2% - then stick with it.
 

camel

Frequent Poster
Messages
239
At what point did the ECB say they wouldn't be raising interest rates this year? I missed that. They're usually very very cagey in what they say due to market reaction and they usually don't look further than a couple of months ahead...but I'm open to correction.
 
Top