EBS sure income

mcriot29

Hey can any one tell me is there any way i can get my money out of a ebs sure income account early, i have a5 year account and am just past year one, i see they take 2 months interest if they do close it early.
Has any one any idea if i can close it early and pay them 2 months interest or is there no chance they would allow it

From the T&C's:

Access to your money, you have the option to withdraw up to 10% of your investment each year, after year 1, without penalty. In exceptional circumstances where an additional withdrawal is permitted, an interest adjustment may be applied.

Hence, the answer is it is at EBS discretion but they will probably say yes.

Call EBS, give an 'exceptional reason' and they will probably let you withdraw the money.

I want to put in anpost bond 10 year so i cant tell them that,also will the charge me 60 days or 90 days interest

Any ideas for a good reason i can use ??
Since im giving them 2 months interest why do they need a reason

Any ideas for a good reason i can use ??

The reason needs to be exceptional according to the T&C's. A good personal reason might be exceptional. Switching products might not be an exceptional reason.

Since im giving them 2 months interest why do they need a reason

According to the T&C's, you can only break the term in "exceptional circumstances" even with the interest penalty.

But its my money at the end of the day , and im
Paying them 60 days interest ,just dont see why the wouldent jump on it esp when there giving me a very high rate

Hi mcriot29, 5 years is a long time to put your money on deposit. Changing your mind after 1 year will require an ''exceptional'' reason! Depositors should be sure of committing their savings for such a long period, expecially in these austere times. What won't be acceptable is wanting to exit because you see a better deal! No matter what excuse you come up with, the bank will probably want proof! Best of luck anyway!

I understand but i dont see why they would make a big deal over it since id be paying them 60 days interest

Back