EBS says it's not taking months to get an appointment to move from Ulster or KBC

Brendan Burgess

Founder
An interesting article in today's Irish Times

Eager to get ahead of the rush, McCann walked into his local EBS branch – practically across the road from the Ulster Bank location – last week.

“I want a new basic current account to handle direct debits for my mortgage payments, gas and electricity and rubbish bin collections,” he said. “But I was told that the next available slot to have a conversation would be the first week in June.”
A spokesman for the lender insisted the waiting time in question “is not reflected across the rest of the EBS network” and that it has “put in place measures to ensure a smoother and shorter path for customer account openings in this branch”.

Well I walked into EBS on Tuesday and had an appointment for this morning so account opened now BUT was also told that highly likely all EBS savings/current acs would be moving to AIB next year anyway, doesn't bother me if they do it automatically as I have accounts in AIB already but more musical banking chairs!

A friend walked into EBS this morning and easily got an appointment.........................for October!

That was the earliest available. And it's a two stage process. The initial appointment is to give them your documents; a second appointment will be required to actually open the account.

A friend walked into EBS this morning and easily got an appointment.........................for October!

That was the earliest available. And it's a two stage process. The initial appointment is to give them your documents; a second appointment will be required to actually open the account.
You'd almost think that they don't want new accounts!!!

Oh, looks like they don't

Back