EBS rates 2008

Westcorklad

Hi everyone, I’m just wondering would anyone have the EBS interest rates for 2008, in particular following an ECB rate change in July 2008, I’ve a tracker case with FSPO taking forever but I may need details in the relevant rates as mentioned above.. cheers

Take a subscription out with the Irish times (you can cancel anytime) and look through their archives.

Back then they had a property supplement every Friday (or maybe it was Thursday)

They had a column called "best buys" and it detailed all the rates all the banks and building societies had.

For AIB, I always go to their press releases.

But EBS didn't seem to cover mortgage rates in their press releases:

I have a subscription to the Irish Times and this is what I have found after a lot of searching.

Fri, Nov 7, 2008, 00:00
Fiona Reddan

MORTGAGE HOLDERS are set to save about € 60 a month after the European Central Bank (ECB) yesterday cut interest rates by half a percentage point to 3.25 per cent.

Members of EBS building society will see the benefit of the rate cut in their December repayments, with those on standard variable mortgage benefiting from a new rate of 4.88 per cent, while the societys tracker customers will also see their relevant rate fall by the full ECB cut.

If you put this into Google you might find it mentioned on Askaboutmoney

site:www.askaboutmoney.com EBS mortgage rate 2008

For example:

30 Jun 2008
30 Jun 2008
hi all

I currently have a 30 yr mortgage with EBS at 5.53 variable.

If you put this into Google you might find it mentioned on Askaboutmoney

For example:

30 Jun 2008
30 Jun 2008
hi all

I currently have a 30 yr mortgage with EBS at 5.53 variable.

Checking that poster's posts from 2015, it seems they didn't take the tracker option as the offer was 1.25% above ecb and they didn't think it was a good offer

Ouch

Between 2004/5 & May 2008, the EBS “variable” rate was the ECB base rate + 1.25%. In May 2008 they started to deviate from the 1.25% margin & it was also at this point that the variable basis of fixed rate contracts were also changed.

Between 2004/5 & May 2008, the EBS “variable” rate was the ECB base rate + 1.25%. In May 2008 they started to deviate from the 1.25% margin & it was also at this point that the variable basis of fixed rate contracts were also changed.
That's where there's a lot of confusion with ebs.
They pushed the "our variable rate is as good as a tracker" sales pitch and moved with the ecb. Some were on an actual "tracker" others were on a svr. Both had identical rates.

If you look at the Irish times bedt buys, the ebs tracker and ebs variable were always the same rate.

Back