Ebs rate@ltv less than 50%

tom1ie

hi all
I have recently switched from aib @ a rate of 3.8 to ebs @ a rate of 3.2 ltv less than 50%. We done this to get the 2% cash back. We will be receiving the money soon, so I’ll be looking to either move again to kbc for a better rate or ask for a better rate off ebs. Has anyone had any luck negotiating with ebs? Also I’ve checked with my solicitor, the consumer protection commissioner, and ebs’ parent bank aib, there’s nothing legally stopping me from moving so quick to another bank. Also I’ve checked with kbc and they’re happy to have my business.
If I could get a better rate off ebs it would cut out a lot of hassle, it took me 3months to move.
Thanks for the help.
Tom.

Last edited:
Hi Tom,

I recently asked EBS for a copy of my mortgage statement as I am starting the process of moving my mortgage.

I also asked if they would be able to match the rates of the bank I am moving to. I was told no, which seems silly to me hence I will be moving shortly.

Hope this helps

re: negotiating, EBS said absolutely no way they would match AIB rates for me.

I'm only paying mortgage 6 months with EBS and am in process of moving to AIB for lower rate.

3 months seems extremely long for switching process to take?!

Back