EBS -Mortgage variable rate

Guys...besides individual complaints to ebs, local td and the ombudsman,is there anything else that can be done in an attempt to get ebs to take a fair approach to their svr mortgage holders?...using the word member very loosely.

We could organise a protest with posters etc. outside their banks in certain places?????????????????????
:mad: And do all the things mentioned already remove savings, write and meet bank managers in protest, write to politicians----tell everyone you know not to bank with EBS

I too closed my savings account with EBS. I emailed them twice in July to complain about their disregard for their variable rate mortgage holders by refusing to reduce the ECB rate of 0.25%. They responded via email with the usual spin about reviewing rates over a non defined time period. I used my savings which were held in an EBS savings account to reduce the term of my loan and quite honestly will never open a savings account with them again. I also told them that their mortgage account holders have great memories in regard to their refusal to pass on rate reductions.

The rates being charged are a joke. I'm surprised there is not more of a campaign. My fear for us all on variable with EBS is that if 4.33 is as low as they go then we are in big big trouble when the ECB stars raising its rates. 5% and beyond = massive number of defaults!!... Short sighted of them IMO

Just confirming I'm also on the 4.33% rate with EBS as well. Have made similar noises to EBS about passing on the most recent ECB rate cut but to no avail !

ebs refusal to pass on ecb reduction

Those of you fortunate enough to have savings in EBS should do as I did and remove said savings in protest and pay it off against your mortgage or invest it elsewhere. This will send a very clear message of your unhappiness to EBS. Alternatively email [email protected] to vent your anger.

Back