EBS Money Market Account User Experience Switch from KBC Current account

IrishGunner

Hi

Ok just looking around for accounts to switch current joint account to from KBC and was looking at switching to EBS

We only use the account for paying bills, mortgage and debit card for shopping and very rarely if any withdraw cash. Local branch near us so will drop down to them to discuss but just looking for user experience and what their online portal is like and do they have app for Banking

All experiences welcome

Thanks

I switched from KBC to EBS because of the free banking.

The account opening process needed me to go into a branch so it can't all be done online. Otherwise I rarely need to use a branch these days but have one nearby in case I ever do. I only went into the KBC branch a few times a year so no difference there.

The account is perfectly usable for paying bills and you get a standard debit card so no problems there.

The online portal is OK though there is no app-based banking and compared to KBCs site it is a little less easy to navigate but it still works.

No complaints so far. I did think that if I really hated it I'd switch again to PTSB but at the moment it's adequate for what I need.

We swicthed about a month ago, same thing, free backing. I just cannot bring myself to pay fees.

Whilst opening the account required that we both went into the local branch, for once I was suprised by how friendly and knoledgable the staff were. I did the switch, from Ulster Bank myself, gave me the opportunity to do a full audit on ins and outs.

So far zero complaints, we also use Revolut for day to day stuff, and oving money from EBS to Revolut is painless using their CardManager app.

Will see how if goes over the coming months, fingers crossed

You can't make once off new payments online though and you can't set up payments online either as far as I can remember. The also have two authorising apps 1 for internet banking and 1 for card approval payment.

Looking into this and came across the below

Would it worth the hassle of doing transfer and then they withdraw
Opened an account in EBS today and was told that all deposit/current accounts likely moving to AIB next year and EBS will be mortgage processing only, doesn't bother me as such as I already have AIB account and they will be automatically transferring them so don't need to do the whole palaver that is required now for UB/KBC to somewhere else.

I'll take the free banking for as long as it lasts!

Back