EBS EBS - Lost tracker incorrectly, but had sold property as it was unaffordable on SVR

Due to the complexity the case has been sent from the redress panel to the Independent Appeals Panel. I think based on the CB guidelines committee 2 is referring back to committee 1.

Hi DPD

Each bank has two panels.

The "small" one dealing with routine claims.

The "big" one where there was loss of ownership. Yours is being handled by the correct one.

Brendan

Rejected. Panel said they didnt agree but didnt give reasons as to why. Honestly 100% we sold because we couldn't afford the repayments. I understand they are independent so im really questioning my own logic.

Dpdp.

Can you expand on your answer for rejection?
The bank has to respond with reasons for rejection under the guidelines as provided by the Central Bank.
Also can you explain why your thread starts with KBC and then you say that your mortgage is with EBS? Which is it?

This is the Central Banks guidance so a bank not providing an explanation is BS.

"The Appeals Panels must provide customers with a full written explanation of the reasons for their decisions (including, for example, in respect of requests for further information, Oral Hearings and the final decisions of the Appeals Panels). In this regard sufficient detail should be provided to ensure that customers know why the Appeals Panels reached their decisions. Such detail should be specific to customers’ cases and should not be generic.

To ensure consistency in this regard, Lenders should provide Appeals Panels with template decision forms to ensure that all decisions of the Appeals Panels address certain matters relevant to their particular decisions.

Where Appeals Panels provide draft copies of their decisions to Lenders to review for any material factual errors before they are issued in final form, customers should be provided with copies of same and given the opportunity to provide submissions regarding any material factual errors that they can identify and challenge submissions that Lenders make regarding errors also. "

Mine is still with the next phase of the process following appeal rejection. It seems to be taking a long time but it is somewhat complex.

I had other posts on related topics which seem to have been deleted.

Alsl Im EBS not KBC so not sure what happened the title here

Hi Dpd

Do you mean it was rejected by the independent appeals panel and is now with the FSPO?

Alsl Im EBS not KBC so not sure what happened the title here

Not sure either.

If you had repeated posts on the same issue in different threads, they might have been moved into one thread for coherence.

This thread is not showing any deleted posts by you.

I have edited the title.

Brendan

Ok thanks.

The frustrating thing about the independent appeal was that it was just a decision in letter form. Obviously i disagreed with their decsion but all it was was a one line decision along the lines of the incorrect charge not being relevant to me selling (it was the only reason - as I’m not a moron I wouldn't have sold at a massive loss if i was on a tracker). Minutes of the panel discussion or an actual all party would have been fairer. Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Obviously I cant speak about anything relating to the FSPO now (as I await a decision) or afterwards.

Last edited:
Did your appeal to the FSPO differ much to the Independent appeals panel?

Did you receive legal advice whilst forming either appeal?

Thanks

Back