EBS Deemed Impacted but Switched

dejected

Firstly thanks to all who have worked so hard to help identify the last 500 impacted from EBS. I received a letter from EBS stating that my mortgage had been impacted in this cohort (we drew down a tracker mortgage and switched to fixed). At the end of the fixed period we lost our tracker and were put on the SVR. We decided to switch banks to AIB several months later as their rates were more competitive. I wanted to ask if anyone has been in a similar situation with EBS (deemed impacted but moved to another bank)? Will EBS simply offer me the refund of the overcharge for the few months that we stayed with them after we lost our tracker or will we be given the opportunity to move back to them with our tracker restored and get back to the position that we should have been in?
Thanks

The principle is that you must be put back in the position you were in.

So they should take you back and pay the legal and other costs of switching.

But you have to ask for it. Under Central Bank rules, you will actually have to make an appeal for this to happen.

Talk to EBS in the first instance. They just might offer you a lump of money instead. Obviously, it would have to be very large to cater for the loss of the future savings on the tracker.

Brendan

Thanks Brendan, that's great, my hope is to get back on the tracker. EBS have told me to expect another letter in the near future so I'll have to wait and see what it says. Thanks again for all the work you have done on the tracker issue it really is much appreciated!

Back