ebs debit card

I'm very happy with this card. I have used it online on lots of websites and they don't charge a fee for currency conversions.

I'm very happy with this card. I have used it online on lots of websites and they don't charge a fee for currency conversions.

Are you sure about the statement that there is no fee for currency conversion because according to their T&E there is a 1% of the amount of the transaction (minimum €0.30, maximum €6.00)?

Are you sure about the statement that there is no fee for currency conversion because according to their T&E there is a 1% of the amount of the transaction (minimum €0.30, maximum €6.00)?

Well maybe I'm wrong. I havent used it in a non Euro ATM yet, but for non Euro Point of Sale, there have been no charges, like this example:

04/08/2011Point Of Sale - Thorntons Plc
Ref 55504431215216247479848 4.50 BP @ Rate of 0.870406 Charge 0.00 EUR 5.17

[broken link removed]

73. You may apply to close an Account at any time by contacting us. Additional conditions in relation to account closure apply which will be advised to you at the relevant time. If you close an Account, you must pay us anything owing in accordance with condition 23.

"Additional conditions in relation to account closure apply which will be advised to you at the relevant time."

Surely your entitled to know these conditions before opening the account.

[broken link removed]

"The above information is correct as at February 2012 and is subject to change."

Surely EBS should be updating information on a more regular basis - February 2012 is over 2 years ago.

[broken link removed]

"The above information is correct as at February 2012 and is subject to change."

Surely EBS should be updating information on a more regular basis - February 2012 is over 2 years ago.

If its not incorrect, whats to update? They havent changed product details, and the page is informing customers about tips to save money on using their card???

[broken link removed]

"Information correct as of 20/07/2012."

It's May 2014 - review the information and update the date - it does not inspire confidence in my opinion in the institution.

Back