EBS customers - you are not getting the 0.25% rate cut announced by AIB today

Thats fair enough lledlledlled, hadnt seen that, no excuse therefore if youre not in NE not to move in droves to AIB. Unfortunately for those in NE the pain goes on and thats one reason on its own for the campaign to continue.

I switched from EBS to AIB recently - well, i sold my home that had an EBS mortgage and got a new mortgage with AIB (now 2.95% on a 70% LTV). I didn't even look for a mortgage from EBS as they overcharged for years and I don't trust them at this point.

The 'best' that EBS could offer in my years of being in neg equity was to tell me to choose their high fixed rate instead of my high SVR.

I can confirm in case there is any ambiguity, customers from EBS cannot move to AIB under any special arrangement. I am not even eligible to make an application, because the computer says no. Regardless of never missing a payment, significant additional paydown + impeccable credit history.

I referred to comments from Bernard Byrne at Oireachtas Finance Committee on Tuesday 26th Sept, about facilitating switching between EBS and AIB for customers that had "effectively demonstrated their ability to pay". The call was escalated to a supervisor but still rejected. They also refused to send out a refusal letter, as refusal letters will only be sent out for an application.

Mr. Bernard Byrne: . . . . We have a switching offer, which covers the cost of switching, and we will operate with any customers to move to the AIB brand from EBS, or any other bank, if they wish, to facilitate them moving. The standard variable rate is available. We must, according to the regulatory standards, re-underwrite any reissuings of credit. We cannot simply move somebody over immediately as we must re-underwrite. For customers who have effectively demonstrated their ability to pay, it is a process where we cover the cost of any transition. There is a process people must go through, but we are very open to people moving if that is what they wish to do.

At this point it looks like I'm out of options and truly at the mercy of EBS, the "mortgage masters"

Did they tell you why apart from "computer says no"?

Are you in negative equity?

They said I'm not earning enough according to their calculations, even though I pay >double every month. Apparently I should be getting helicopter rides and quaffing champaign every month instead of being committed to reducing my debt. Am in <50% bracket, 190k remaining

Back