Ebs and title deeds.

tom1ie

Hi all
I am currently in the process of switching from ebs to aib and my solicitor has requested the title deeds from ebs. This was 13 working days ago and I still haven’t heard anything. I’ve contacted my solicitor twice and they’ve said the legal council of Ireland recommend it should only take 10 working days for the title deeds to be received.
Has anyone any previous experience of this taking as long?

Wouldn't put anything past EBS. Probably trying to squeeze another months payment from you by delaying.
I'm in the same boat with them. Can't even get a statement from them showing payments to date.

Hi all
I am currently in the process of switching from ebs to aib and my solicitor has requested the title deeds from ebs. This was 13 working days ago and I still haven’t heard anything. I’ve contacted my solicitor twice and they’ve said the legal council of Ireland recommend it should only take 10 working days for the title deeds to be received.
Has anyone any previous experience of this taking as long?

Yes. It can take all of the lenders weeks to respond- its not unique to EBS.

But now its the week before Christmas and I gather that most lenders have a cut off date of tomorrow for issuing loan funds.

So sit back. Relax. Enjoy the Christmas. Take it up again in January.

mf

Just wondering what is actually involved in releasing the deeds that can take so long? Is it just a piece of paper the bank has in its vault, or are there a lot more steps that I’m ignorant of?

Yes. It can take all of the lenders weeks to respond- its not unique to EBS.

But now its the week before Christmas and I gather that most lenders have a cut off date of tomorrow for issuing loan funds.

So sit back. Relax. Enjoy the Christmas. Take it up again in January.

mf

I fully intend to sit back, relax and enjoy Christmas, I just think it’s another example of the banks not giving a damn about it’s customers, wether your leaving or not surely they still have a duty of care to their customers and to observe legal recommendations.

"This was 13 working days ago and I still haven’t heard anything."

To be fair, its not as if this has been going on for months.............its only a few days

mf

This was 13 working days ago and I still haven’t heard anything. I’ve contacted my solicitor twice and they’ve said the legal council of Ireland recommend it should only take 10 working days for the title deeds to be received.

My experience is anecdotal but I've never seen any bank furnish the deeds in 10 working days. In reality I wouldn't expect that the deeds will arrive to your solicitor until January.

"This was 13 working days ago and I still haven’t heard anything."

To be fair, its not as if this has been going on for months.............its only a few days

mf
Yes but according to my solicitor there is a recommendation of 10 working days from the legal council of Ireland that they are in breach of.

Yes but according to my solicitor there is a recommendation of 10 working days from the legal council of Ireland that they are in breach of.

I wasn't aware of this recommendation, but that means nothing - I'm not a solicitor - but I assume that your solicitor knows what s/he is talking about. It's still a "recommendation" and not a law or rule which must be strictly adhered to. I appreciate that it must be frustrating for you that the whole thing is not proceeding as quickly as you would like, or have been led to believe that it should. But for your own peace of mind, I'd suggest that you accept what you cannot change. I really don't think that you would get anywhere making a formal complaint to EBS seeking for them to change their procedures on the grounds that they're not facilitating customers leaving as quickly as a recommendation from a third party would suggest they should. If you really want to do something about this, keep ringing EBS to find out where your deeds are and when they will be sent to your solicitor. Ring them daily or twice daily if you want. You might get someone there to pull out your deeds just to stop you ringing.

Back